I finished this last night right before we walked out the door (at 5pm) to go to DDs house for New Year's Eve dinner. She got a tablet from DSIL and couldn't find a cover so she bought a pattern instead. She knew I had something in the stash to make it for her.
It took about an hour and about 1/4 yard of fabric. The hardest thing was cutting the cardboard that goes between the layers to make it 'protective'.http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... c5148e.jpghttp://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... 11bf11.jpg
You can't really see it, but there are pieces of the contrast fabric making 'straps' to hold the tablet in place.
It was See & Sew pattern #B5841.
The nightgowns are from Simplicity 3935, which is a pj top and pants pattern that I just added length to the top to make the nightgowns. I had a pair of pjs cut out and made in 2 hours last night after we came home from DD's. I started at 10 and when the ball dropped at midnight, the only thing left is to put in the elastic. (it wasn't stash fabric ~ that would have added 5 yards).
It feels good to be sewing this much.