New Business Venture

Help and ideas for your sewing or quilting business.

New Business Venture

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:44 am

I am excited to report that I will be starting a Serger Club at my local Babylock dealership. It will be a project based skill building class twice a month. Am hoping to be ready to start in February. The first class will be learning to thread your serger and the types of stitches that your machine can do. This is a big adventure for me and a chance to supplement my income. I am glad that my health has improved enough that I can do this.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: New Business Venture

New postby sewingrandma on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Congratulations Marty. Wished I lived close enough to attend. I use my serger regularly but mostly for serging edges/finishing seams. I can do the inside and outside curves without any problems but would love to be able to use it to its fullest extent. I have a basic machine but know it can do more. Have fun with the classes.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Re: New Business Venture

New postby Skye on Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:30 pm

Fantastic. What fun. I will look forward to learning how it all goes.
When I got my first serger way back in 1992 I went to a class there were 10 of us and only two of us could thread our machines from scratch.
I was a product of the shop I bought mine I was sat down and the threads were cut and I had threaded it numerous times before I left the shop.
Also had tension cheat sheet for the various stitches. The owner was the machine tech an older man who was very generous in sharing his knowledge.
The class was held at our l.ocal high school.
So great that you are sharing your wealth of knowledge Marty :D
Skye

Return to Sewing/Quilting Businesses