Challenges

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Challenges

New postby MartySews2 on Sun May 17, 2020 11:41 pm

So sorry that I have been off the group for a long while. Last July 4th, I had a stroke that cost me part of my vision and left me with some minor paralysis. Thankfully, the paralysis cleared a few months later. Two weeks after spending a week in the hospital, my Dad died. He had been in failing health for some time but had a positive attitude. I got a text message from his son (2nd marriage) informing me of his death on Aug 4th. No obituary was written and no funeral arrangements or memorial service has been held. After that blow I have had 4 more hospitalizations for heart failure and 3 surgeries over the next 6 months. My last hospitalization (6th one) was for double pneumonia and I was in the hospital on oxygen and some IV antibiotics. Fortunately, it was not the Covid virus. My recovery has been slow. Then I received a call on April 6th that my mom died all alone in Houston, TX where she lived. She had an infection in her legs and had been hospitalized for a month. Of course, no one told me that until after her death. I have been zapped of energy. I'm still trying to get over the pneumonia as there is a small patch in my left upper lung. Now, with this quarantine, my sewing classes have ceased . So, along with many others, I am making masks as I have the energy to sew. Right now, after another stent, my heart is stable. I will be having cataract surgery at the end of June as I am totally blind in my right eye and my left eye is compromised. Also, I get to join others with the beginnings of macular degeneration in my eyes. Am taking a supplement called AREDS 2 ... Age Related Eye Disease Supplement. Hopefully, this will slow down the progression. Just wanted to give y'all an update.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Challenges

New postby sewingrandma on Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

Marty, so sorry for the loss of your parents.
Sounds like you've had a rough year with your health also. Glad to hear that you are recovering and looking to have your eye surgery to regain your vision.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Re: Challenges

New postby Skye on Mon May 25, 2020 11:38 pm

Oh Marty so sorry for the loss of your parents and you certainly have been through a lot on the health front. Be kind to yourself.

I have been working from home while the country was in total lockdown. It has been nice getting to level 2 and having ability to move about more and get a haircut. Well that was the plan yesterday but we had a 5.6 earthquake so the trains were stopped so my hairdresser couldnt get to her place of work. All I can say is thank goodness for hair products.
Made 3 quilt tops while in lockdown have quilted 2 working on the 3rd currently. Despite having time to sew I found it hard to get motivated.
Skye

Return to Health and Wellness