Kathy's Hospitalized

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Kathy's Hospitalized

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Tonight, my hubby received a phone call from Kathy who was letting me know that she was being hospitalized. I was at our church's softball game so I missed the call. I had talked to her earlier today & she was putting on a brave face but Joe (her hubby) was filing for divorce this weekend. I'm afraid that she may have had a nervous breakdown as she has been crying for days. Please, keep her in your prayers, thoughts, good wishes or whatever your beliefs may be. She is devastated and needs friends who care about her. She told my hubby that she will call me when she is released from the hospital. Just wanted y'all to know.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Kathy's Hospitalized

New postby sewingmom on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Please, let her know we are praying for her.:( :pray:
Tomorrow will be a new day and a new beginning.
sewingmom

New postby pinecone on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Keeping her in my prayers and hope she gets better soon. Little bits.

piney
pinecone

New postby Bama on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Very sad. I hope she finds some peace soon.
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby icetbear on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:55 pm

I am saddened to read this post. I hope Kathy is getting the help she needs right now. Friends, family nearby? Support by phone, email? Turning to the internet with such private matters isn't the answer.

Ann
icetbear

New postby bridesmom on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Definitely thinking and praying for her.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 pm

Ann, ever since Kathy found out about her husband's affair, she has been devastated as this came a few weeks after she had to stop working for health reasons. Right now, she depends on her 2 teenage daughters to support her & some money from her estranged husband. All of her family (from what she has said) live in FL whereas she lives in Indiana. She doesn't want to move until her youngest graduates from high school next spring. She has a close friend several hours away that she has talked to & has talked to some of her former co-workers. She is having a hard time accepting that her husband has thrown away 20 yrs of marriage for a 22 yr old who is the same age as their daughter. She says that it is not all of his fault & she had started counseling but he wanted to end the marriage so he told her yesterday that he was filing for divorce come Monday. It will be final in 60 days. Being in her 40's, unemployed, having some health problems, money worries, etc were just too much at one time for her to handle on her own, I guess. She'll call me when she's home from the hospital or I may call her before then. Thank you all for the prayers as she really needs them.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby vickki on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Marty, I am so sorry to hear Kathy has been hospitalized hopefully she can get the necessary help she needs...It has been alot for her to cope with and I guess the divorce issue was the last straw....Please tell her I will be thinking and praying for her recovery...Vickki
vickki

New postby kjh9835 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:48 pm

I am home now, thanks Marty for letting everyone know. Its been really rough and Thursday evening I just couldn't take any more. It took me 3 hours to drive home after saying goodbye to my in-laws and it's only a 1 1/2 hr drive but I couldn't quit crying enough to focus on driving so I pulled over many times.

I was treated by a very nice and knowledgable MD who adjusted my medications, took me off one and added two but I will only have to take one of them long term so it was really just a switch. I am better but have a long way to go. I've gotten lots of information on coping skills which I sorely lack.

IMO, the "other part" of my brain was taking over and that is not a good thing. I was ok at times but completely falling apart other times and they would go back and forth so rapidly that I decided a few days in the hospital away from the empty atmosphere, getting meds adjusted and having some talking therapy would be the best. I have two followup appts. later this week.

Still looking for work. Joe did call me twice while I was there to see if I needed anything and stopped after work today just to make sure I was home, okay and that the kids would be here soon. We went over some of the paperwork and he is going to bring it back later this week for final approval before filing.

Tears did well up but I kept them from spilling over just by looking away and focusing on the bare wall long enough to blink them away. He waited until dd22 got home before he left and I have plenty of stuff to do tomorrow and will be busy most of the day with no time to dwell on memories.

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers.

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Kathy, I'll try to call you tomorrow sometime. We have a hectic day with our big Elm tree coming down. My phone lines and TV U-Verse lines will be down. I have exercise class in the morning, then I have to pick up my neighbor's dog from the vet & take her to her home. My cell phone will be on all day. I have 2 sewing projects to finish by tomorrow & have to go to the Ronald McDonald House to drop off some pillowcases that I have made. I will be running around but should call you between 2-3pm (CDST) as all of my errands should be finished by then.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

Next

Return to Health and Wellness