Anyone take Estroven?

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Anyone take Estroven?

New postby lendube on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:06 pm

I started taking it several years ago and took it for maybe 3-4 years. I did so in the hopes that I would sleep better. Didn't help from what I could tell. Didn't help with much of anything that I could tell so I quit. Since then I've realized that my hormones were still perfectly fine at that time.

A few months ago I started with the hot flashes. UGH! Pretty mild actually from what I've heard but they were a nuisance just the same. I noticed that Costco had a sale, $3.00 off of a box. I thought why not? The pills (1 per day now) also have several vitamins and supplements. Couldn't hurt, might help.

This was about 6 weeks ago that I started up again. Lo and behold! I haven't had a hot flash now for the last week or so! Could Estroven actually work? Seems like it. The flashes stopped rather abruptly and the package does say it's important to give it a couple of months or so to see results. :think:

Regardless, I'm going to keep taking Estroven.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: Anyone take Estroven?

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Nope ... I tried an estrogen product after the hysto back in 1991 but it only made me more uncomfortable. Now, I only take meds prescribed by my doctors or Tylenol. If I can't sleep, I take 2 Tylenol PM & it puts me out most of the time. Hot flashes are long gone but I get hot easily & cannot tolerate the humidity. That's why I don't go outdoors much when temps are above 70 degrees unless there is a cool breeze. I have very few winter clothes as they are usually too hot to wear.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby DorothyL on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:31 am

My hot flashes weren't bad. Just a pain in the butt. When they finally went away the doctor put me on medication that gives people hot flashes. Again mine aren't bad -- just a pain in the butt.

dorothy
DorothyL

New postby kaitlinnegan on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:45 am

Unfortunately, the last time I checked none of the herbal supplements were shown in clinical trials to have a significant impact on hot flashes. You should definitely let your doctor and pharmacist know you are taking it as many herbal supplements can interact with medications.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby lendube on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:22 pm

I do when I get put on a medication which is rarely. I take nothing at all except the Estroven, fish oil and potassium, (okay, the occasional ibuprofen/tylenol ;) ). I imagine it could be sheer coincidence but the timing is remarkable. Also, I do believe soy is somewhat effective. Asian women with diets high in soy experience far less severe menopause symptoms as a whole.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Return to Health and Wellness