depression

Support and discussion for health related issues.

depression

New postby sewingmom on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:34 am

I am going to kick this cloud of depression in the rear today. Am up and dressed by 9:22 AM and have a 3 day weekend ahead of me. Already have aired out the house and am about to head to town 40 miles away and get the vacumn cleaner I need. I will have my car cleaned inside and out. Having a manicure/pedicure is also on the agenda as is lunch out. You ladies have a wonderful day.

Nearly killed my 17 year old dog yesterday with hyperthermia. I kept him outside to long and he couldn't handle the 99°f heat. He is doing as good as a 17 year old pooch can be today with no sign of repercussions from being overheated. I'm glad I didn't loose my dear old friend. Be careful in this heat wave friends. It can be a killer!!!
sewingmom

Re: depression

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:52 am

Hope you have a wonderful day & can keep this attitude going. Happiness is based on your choices which can be a minute by minute thing. However, you can choose to be happy in the most miserable of circumstances and when life gets you down, come on the forum for some "pick me up" comforting. (((HUGS)))
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Jeke on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:38 pm

I so hope your day was great. I understand how hard it is to make yourself get up and get going. Been there! But it is a way to start moving past it.
Jay
Jeke

New postby sewingmom on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Thanks Marty and Jay, I still did not get my vacumn but I did drop stuff off at the Salvation Army thrift store and ate a treat at Chick Fil A and later went back there for supper. Still couldn't make up my mind on the vac. I did buy some permanant press poly cotton fabric for $2.09 a yard and some flannel that I wanted so was glad to get it at 30%off of whatever it was. I also bought some hair bands at Clairs and vitamins at Vitamin world. Oh I did have a mani and pedicure. It wasn't as productive a day as hoped for but it is better han most lately. I hope to finish tapeing my house coat pattern together and sew several different things tomorrow. I'd really like to get in the pool in the skinny :oops: tonight but it rained and the water is cold :o . ( ;) Being a little naughty :D sometimes lifts my spirits)
sewingmom

New postby kjh9835 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:14 pm

I can't quote but I know what you mean about being in a funk and the pool idea. It rained here too (finally) but the pool was 86 before the sun went down.

I'm glad you had a day to yourself and got some things accomplished. I need to get off my hiney and get motivated too but I just don't feel like it. I'm doing the sewing that I "have to do" because I already said I would but I am not taking anything else on for awhile.

Since you started it, I guess tomorrow I will at least shave my legs in the shower, put on full street clothing and lace-up shoes even though I am not going anywhere. While I'm at it, I'll really confuse the family and wear some makeup.

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby susandf on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:11 pm

It is great that you are challenging yourself to get up and get going under the circumstances.

Do not worry that all your goals were not achieved in one day.

Do go swimming - temperature being right or not!
The Destashification Project at: http://destashification.com/
susandf

New postby sewingmom on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:05 pm

I am seeing a 65year old counselor to help with this low period in my life. She is cool and the fact that she is still productive and a little older than me. I am getting the pool almost daily. (The water was like a relaxing bath.) I am not managing to get any sewing done so will sew for 15 min daily startinol.g tomorrow. I am trying to do some house cleaning daily and Saturday I vacuumed the pool. Am making myself her up and moving. Cancellef my facenook account. I feel a bit lighter especially after getting out of the pool. I could so identify with the Olympic swimmers Tuesday.
sewingmom

New postby kjh9835 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:12 pm

I have a counselor that I've been seeing off and on since 1993. I dearly love her as she has helped both Joe and I thru some very difficult times. I haven't seen her since about this time last year and I think I need to go back. The problem is that she is "back home" and it's a 3 hr round trip drive that costs me about $25 in gas that I do not have. Money is so tight right now that I can't spend any extra for anything. I am going to call around and see if I can get in somewhere closer to home but I really want to go back to Bev as she already knows my whole life story.

Putting my car up for sale not only b/c it's been wrecked (but fixed) but also b/c I do not need a $10K car sitting in the driveway. I am not working and rarely go anywhere b/c of finances. I can live with a "nice beater" to get me where I need to go and the cash can help with monthly bills. I do not want to get back in debt!!!!

I'm glad you have someone to talk to. Some ppl do not understand that having that "outside person" to vent to can save your sanity. They see things/situations from a different perspective than you, your friends and/or your family does and it makes a difference (is that clear as mud???)

Have one goal a day to meet and pat yourself on the back when its done. One thing I do is make my bed and close the bedroom door so that it does not beckon me to take a nap. I also try to have music playing to keep me going instead of silence when no one is home. Take a walk, get from fresh air, go lie in the yard and look at the full moon and stars tonight and relax.
(Hugs)

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Oh, I'm sorry that you cancelled your FB account. I always enjoyed your posts. I'm making myself get up, get dressed & go exercise on Tues, Thurs, & Sat mornings. I am paying a personal trainer so I have to do it as I'm not going to waste my money or his time. He's helping me while I walk on the treadmill & giving me some pointers on doing exercises with 2lb weights to help tone up my flabby upper arms on the days that I don't meet with him. It helps. It's worth it. I walk 7-8 minutes, rest 3-5 minutes, walk some more until I have walked for an hour. Today, I was able to walk a mile in a little over an hour on the treadmill with a level 1 incline at 1.4mph. I felt so good afterwards but was ready for a nap. Had to go vote & then home to cook my lunch before resting. Whew!!! The more you can do to keep your body moving will help with your depression & aches & pains. Walking has helped with the swelling of my left knee. Remember the old adage "Use it or lose it" and I almost lost all mobility by not exercising & letting my weight go. It took several major surgeries before I got the message.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

Next

Return to Health and Wellness