Bifocals!!!

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: Bifocals!!!

New postby lendube on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:20 pm

I just ordered a set of three cheaters for dh from http://www.goldviolin.com I'd get things from them for my Mom before she died. I still get their catalog (since I'm sure over the years dh will need more and more help) and they have some pretty handy things for folks with limited capabilities. The glasses in their catalog are special because of the higher magnification levels. I saw them going up to 6.0. I got dh a set of three for $20.00 plus $7.99 shipping. Not Dollar Tree cheap but not expensive either for three. I'm thinking it's hard to find much over 3.5 or 4.0 most places. Oh, if you want to find them the item number is 93329. I couldn't find them when I searched for "glasses" - weird.

(We just had a Dollar Tree open 1/2 hour from here where I do my grocery shopping. Haven't been. They opened yesterday and I was nearby Thursday. Across the hwy a Goodwill store is opening next month. Whew! We're going big time.)
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Libby, that's the difference, I can't see anything clearly without my glasses & neither can my hubby. We get our eyeglass prescriptions filled at Ike's which is now owned by Walgreens. My opthalmologist told me that their lab does the best job of making accurate lenses in the city. I've used other optical companies in the past but this seems to be the most reasonable one in price for frames & lenses. My mom & sister use cheaters but they don't work for me.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Harriet A on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:05 pm

I wear progressive lenses with transitional built into them. I can't see things close-up or at a distance clearly. It took me a month to get used to them, though. When I put my fabric and pattern on the table, I was getting seasick because it felt like the table was moving in waves. Harriet
Harriet A

New postby bridesmom on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:17 pm

I had the same problem too Harriet but now I am fine with them. I had to go back to my old glasses for a weekend while they replaced my lens, as I wanted to keep my frames and man, I was sick all weekend. I like the progressives, now that I am used to them. One day I will be able to get cataract surgery and that is a day I am looking forward to. My sister just finished getting it done and she is so happy with it.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 am

Something here triggered a thought. My Dad died in 1969, much too young, but back then they could not replace heart valves. He was a diesel mechanic for a major Trucking co. He told the Eye Dr. one day about his way of putting his bifocals on upside down because so much of his work was overhead, with truck engine on a lift. So the Dr made him a special pair from then on with bifocal on top as well as on the bottom of each lens. He (the Dr.) was so proud of his accomplishment ! ! . Dad sent all his friends to this very smart Eye Dr.! ! I think nowadays that option is available at a lot of places.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby lendube on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Libby, that's so clever! Makes all the sense in the world.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby Pudge99 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:46 pm

They called while I was at work today. I can pick up my glasses tomorrow. I do hope they make my headaches go away.
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Good luck on your new glasses. Hope that they help those awful headaches.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby DorothyL on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:52 am

They called while I was at work today. I can pick up my glasses tomorrow

Great. Careful walking until you get used to them. Or maybe that is just me.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby momquilts on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:23 am

Dorothy, I had trouble walking with mine also. DH still won't wear his to walk or drive.
momquilts

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Wellness