Bifocals!!!

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: Bifocals!!!

New postby carman on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:13 pm

lol i know that feeling in trying to figure out which is conditioner and shampoo and even body wash ugh :shock: my glassed are not bad as they are as thin as they make them. the eye doctor i have now has the same prescription as me so she knows the feeling of not seeing. the last pair i got about 3 years ago cost me almost $1000.00 and that was with a CHEAP frame ugh, so when they like to suggest that i update my lenses for MINOR changes i tell them not till i cannot see out of them lol. and since i wear my contacts 24/7 and take them out on the 1st of every month just long enough to put the new ones in, its not like i need them (even though they are ALWAYS in my purse for a just in case you never know moment) she did say that when i hit my mid 50's i should be a good candidate for lens replacements, which is what they do in a cataracts.

carman
carman

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:25 pm

First, you all have my permission to laugh at me, but this is the truth. I buy my glasses from the Dollar Tree. (everything is 1.00) My eye Dr. checks them when I go for my yearly Exam. and they are always what they are supposed to be. He says as long as they work, why spend money to have special ones made. I only need them for reading. I even found a pair of readers sun glasses there for a buck. I buy several pair when my vision changes and always donate the old ones. A church member has a brother (eye Doctor) who goes to caribbean countries and takes glasses to the poor there, when he goes to treat those needy. I keep a pair on my machine all the time so if the ones are not around my neck where they stay most of the time. I cannot keep any on top of my head. They fall off for some reason.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby Mom of Six on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:30 pm

First, you all have my permission to laugh at me, but this is the truth. I buy my glasses from the Dollar Tree.

I buy my husbands there also. I have to have presription glasses because I am near sighted & need my glasses for doing everything except up close reading. I do have bifocals but don't use them much. It is easier to take the glasses off when I need to read small print
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:45 pm

I can't see anything close up or far away ... I've been wearing bifocals for almost 30 yrs. If they are fitted properly, you don't notice the line or the difference in your eyes. I see an opthalmologist every year especially since I was diagnosed with diabetes. It can really effect your vision. I don't use cheaters as they would not help. Gina, you'll get used to them.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Pudge99 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:50 pm

I am really hoping these glasses will work. I get headaches all the time from trying to read and sew and work. I have a very old pair of reading glasses but I can't go out in public with them. I think I got them in nineteen-ninety something. I am sure you all remember the big oval glasses from that time. I can read with them on and computer work is not to bad but when I try to look up at something it is annoying. I can't believe I am actually kinda excited to get glasses. :D

As for senior discounts, I hope I have a few more years before I start getting those offers. I already get bugged by AARP, but I think that is because I used my e-mail to sign my Dad up on his high school alumni page.
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

New postby lendube on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:11 pm

I was an AARP member at 45 because dh turned 50 that year. We just today changed our Verizon plan since dh retired and needed to be added to mine and removed from the fire dept's. They (just because she was nice) gave us the senior plan for which both have to be over 65!!! Dh is 60 and I'm 56 but we'll take it! We also have senior checking at the bank and get free checks and other perks. Oh well, it saves us quite a few bucks. :roll: :D
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:39 pm

It's funny, I never wanted to & never did join AARP. It seemed to be a waste of money to me since we rarely eat out or travel anywhere. It would cost us more money in fees than we would save in a year's time. Lennie, you're the same age as my baby sister. I turn 60 in October. Hubby is 69 & he never joined AARP either. We get a discount from AT&T because I'm a retired State of TN employee. We've had the same checking account with the same bank since 1972. I don't know about any senior discounts that they may offer. I'll mention it to hubby & he might look into it when he retires in 2-1/2 wks.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby momquilts on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:34 am

I had AARP for a year but dropped it because I never remembered to use it anywhere. :oops: Our bank gives Senior Banking to everyone over 50. The free checks, traveler's checks and other perks are wonderful! We get a discount on AT&T because DH is a state employee, too. If I stopped coloring my hair I bet I'd get a whole lot more senior discounts but that's not going to happen any time soon!!!

I've had progressive lenses for a long time and agree that they are a pain when needing to put the car in reverse. DH laughs at me because I can't back out of the driveway straight. He, on the other hand, doesn't need to wear his bifocals to drive. :x
momquilts

New postby DorothyL on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:08 am

First, you all have my permission to laugh at me, but this is the truth. I buy my glasses from the Dollar Tree.

I buy them by the 1/2 dozen, Libby, and have them all over the house. I still have to have prescription to see distance (drive or TV mostly) but the cheap cheaters are better than the prescription I paid far too much for.
I am thinking of getting some with more attractive frames, though, to keep in my purse.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Marty, My eye Dr sees me every year also because I have been diagnosed as Diabetic, and he endorses the cheaters for me. The only reason I need glasses now is for small print. My far vision is still perfect. I am not restricted to glasses for driving. They removed that restriction when I was 45 years old.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Wellness