Something strange.

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: Something strange.

New postby Magot on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:55 am

My migraines are very similar - without any sight difficulties , but I feel like I am in slow mo - difficulty forming sentences -and am walking through treacle, not great pain but it doesn't go away with paracetamol or ibuprofen. My head feels heavy too and the pain is always behind my left eyeball. I have triptophans I use. They work by dilating the blood vessels in the brain which become constricted with migraine - similar to a stroke in some ways but not as catastrophic. Mine also occur just before a period so, not sure if you are done with that Lennie, but common to occur in perimenopausal women with hormone fluctuations. Get thee to the Dr's for a chat woman - I always feel I want information rather than medication because then I can deal with stuff.
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby lendube on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:57 am

Hormonally Jan, I have no idea what's going on. I'm not completely done but getting real close. Damn, by 56 you'd hope so, wouldn't you?

As far as getting to a dr. I appreciate everyone's concerns but I've been poked and prodded quite a bit lately. Remember the vertigo incident back in January? I had a CT Scan and blood work done then. I then had the sinus surgery in March. For that I had a very detailed CT Scan and also an MRI and more blood work. All were negative of problems.

Originally when I had this problem I had an MRI, CT Scan, blood work, some brain wave test where I wasn't allowed to sleep more than 4 hours the night before, and another hospital procedure that had me in an operating room with something being shot into my groin area and photographed while it went through my arteries. Also nothing at all. I'm with an HMO that spares no expense doing testing and preventative care. They've been incredible to us for many years now.

The headache was minor in the scheme of things and went away after an hour and a half or so. So, really ladies, it's nothing new for me. Just something that hadn't happened in a while. I appreciate all your concerns and Carmen, if you ever have a choice go for the silent migraine. Believe me. Once you know what it is it's not scary anymore and it sure beats a migraine with pain. I don't know how people can do that. Honestly, I don't.

Here's the clip of the reporter that had the same thing back in Feb. of 2011. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG7NuH5QTdE

But she said she was confused in her mind. I never have been. Totally clear headed. And very seldom have I had any pain to speak of.

Thanks, guys.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby carman on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:58 pm

thankfully i have a very high pain tolerance, sometimes that is good other times it has gotten me in trouble lol, the doc has scolded me a few times for not coming in sooner for some things ;) i remember the doc in emergency tell me to rate my pain 1-10 on the pain scale and i said if i am not crying it is not a 10 ( i said a 9), he said, just because you are not crying does not mean it is NOT a 10 :) i told him the only reason i was there was the migraine had lasted 4 days at that point and i was desperate for some GOOD drugs in the veins lol to get rid of it, that was one of the times he politely slapped my hand and said, "don't be a martyr and wait so long next time" oh well, my hubby knows when i even make a hint that i can't take it anymore he is scared lol

carman
carman

New postby kaitlinnegan on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Lennie - I'm not saying you need to have any more tests or even go in for another visit, but you should at least call your doctor's office and let them know this is happening again. If not, be sure to bring it up at your next physical. It could be an important piece of information for your doctor to have if anything else unusual should arise in the future.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby Bama on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:00 pm

I hope you're feeling better today Lennie. That sounds pretty scary. :o
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby bridesmom on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Just as an aside HEY KAITLIN!! How are you!!

And Lennie, are things settling down now?
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 am

My DM had awful migranes. Put her in the bed for 2 or 3 days. You could not even touch her bed or she would scream with pain. I never had that , only the "Aura" of the migrane. vision problems. circles of total blackness in the middle of my vision and sparkles rotating round. they disappeared after menopause. DM's went away after hers also. RN friend had same problem, but she diagnosed hers as being caused by too much salt during her ovulation period. She cut out peanuts and potato chips and hers went away almost totally.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby carman on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:03 pm

the very thing one craves, salt and chocolate :brick: lol

carman
carman

New postby Magot on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:48 pm

and red wine :(
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby carman on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:55 pm

just why is what we crave the most the worst thing for us when we have migraines :brick: ugh :)

carman
carman

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Wellness