Something strange.

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Something strange.

New postby lendube on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:42 pm

In 1998 I had very strange episodes where I'd see "auras", have vision problems and speech problems. I'd turn syllables around and just speak gibberish when I'd try to talk or read. Things would be clear in my mind but I couldn't communicate clearly. I'd seldom have a headache though. I was scared and so was dh. I was referred to a neurologist and after many, many tests where nothing seemed wrong he felt confident in calling it a silent migraine. It happened quite often for about 4 or five years and never lasted too long and never caused much pain.

I've had maybe a handful of instances that it's come back since then but today it's here again. And this time I've got a headache. I'd call it a moderate headache even though I've taken 2 Ibuprofen now. It's been about an hour. I tried reading out loud and made no sense. That part seems a bit better again now but man, my eyes aren't focusing and my head hurts.

I've got two medium sewing jobs to do today and tomorrow. I've got one job to deliver this afternoon. I've got to wait for things to get back to normal. I don't trust myself working on expensive things right now. Wonder if it's my stupid hormones causing this again?

This is no fun at all. Sorry, needed to whine a bit. I so seldom have a headache so I feel sorry for myself. :roll:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: Something strange.

New postby trini on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 pm

That is confusing and frightening; hope you feel better soon.
Lei.
trini

New postby carman on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:14 pm

my dad has silent migraines and they are just like you said, i on the other hand have the ones that knock me out ( usually a 9 out of 10) :cry: sometimes i wish for the silent ones but then i think yikes lol. hope you feel better soon

carman
carman

New postby bridesmom on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:51 pm

I' ve never had a migrane and I sure feel for those who do. I can imagine that it's a nasty experience. Hope you feel better really quick.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby vickki on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:05 pm

My grand has the auras but suffers terribly with the headaches,he looses half of is sight....He wears very strong glasses...
vickki

New postby pinecone on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:15 pm

(((( )))) hugs your way. That must be very unsettling to have that happen.

piney
pinecone

New postby kaitlinnegan on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Lennie - have you called your doctor's office? I am concerned about you.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby Mule on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah, I think you should check with the doctor again! Headaches are so hard to deal with, but you need to check to be sure that it's not just a symptom of something else. Even if you've had them checked before, it would be worth going again since it's been a while, and since they didn't really find anything definitive before. Hope you feel better soon! (I feel your pain -- I get migraines once or twice a month and I hate it!)
Beth
Mule

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:51 pm

I used to think that I was having migraines when it actually turned out to be mini-strokes or TIAs. Call your doctor immediately & get a CT scan or MRI of your head. This is serious stuff.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby kjh9835 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 am

I agree with Beth and Marty. YOU should go asap and get it checked out esp. since its not happened for awhile. I too had migraines that knock me out for a day or two at worst. I used to be able to time them twice a month with my cycle back in the late 90's thru 2005 or so then they became just monthly, right before so I wonder if I quit ovulating back then? My stress level was also thru the roof back then and while I get stressed at times, its not nearly as bad.

When I was a teen, I had "deva ju" episoses, would see raining glitter, talk out of my head for a few minutes then go sleep it off. I did it to my stepdad one time when we were both home and he was in the kitchen. He told mom that night and I immediately went to the dr and neurologist for testing, they found nothing. To this day we still don't know why those happened and they continued for several years but I haven't had one in a long time.

Your symptoms to me sound similiar to TIA's (transient ischemic attacks), you should prob. go get checked out and hope you feel better soon.:)

Kathy
kjh9835

Next

Return to Health and Wellness