Color of eyes.

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: Color of eyes.

New postby lendube on Sat May 26, 2012 4:08 pm

bridesmom wrote:I remember one year when DS was in primary , grade 1 or 2 and the kids had to write about their family. He wrote, my mom has orange hair, but sometimes it's yellow.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I've thought about it too. But just.............. t h o u g h t. I'm not ready either.

DorothyL wrote:
Mine went from red to towhead blond too but then it turned red. Not ginger red but not strawberry blond -- red.
Then, in my late 40s and 50s it went from red to blondish to red again about every 6 weeks when I saw the hairdresser. One time it went a kind of steel gray which was pretty awful. Then it went back to red again. Now it is light grey going white.

Dorothy

It's a wonder Wally recognizes you, Dorothy!
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby MartySews2 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:55 pm

My daughter had to write about her family when in 2nd or 3rd grade, it was funny because she wrote she didn't know anything about her family as she was adopted. It didn't occur to her to write about us which is probably a good thing. There's no telling what she would have said.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby susandf on Tue May 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Apparently, eye color is not permanent.

Melanin is the darker pigment and can be absent from babies' eyes for the first year or so, which is why some blue-eyed babies become green-eyed, hazel-eyed and possibly even brown-eyed as they start school.

As noted by the original poster, eye color can change later in life, as well. It appears that if they are going to change later it is because they are losing melanin so they will lighten.

My son was a blue-eyed baby that had green eyes until his teenage years when they darkened again to a dark brown. Now 30, his hair is almost completely grey (also a loss of pigment), so I am wondering if his eyes will start to lighten again!

Only time will tell!
The Destashification Project at: http://destashification.com/
susandf

Previous

Return to Health and Wellness