One Week ...

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: One Week ...

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Beth, LOL!!! Yes, I love my handbags. I don't know the brand of this one as there is not a label but it is a khaki olive color (perfect for summer) with gold trim. It has 2 deep pockets with zippered closures & 2 smaller inside pockets. On the back it has an outside zippered pocket. It's a nice medium size with a handle on top but does have a long strap if I want to use it as a shoulder bag.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby bridesmom on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:32 pm

I always like shoulder straps so I can put it over my shoulder and across to the other hip. Seems like I'm forever trying to balance purse, bags, lunch bag, and/or grandkids so I like being able to wear it over the head. I've bought a few that didn't have the shoulder strap and I always end up putting them in the goodwill bin after a few uses.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby Mule on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:08 pm

I have quite a few bags that have both the top handle and a shoulder strap. Kind of covers all the bases....

Your bag sounds beautiful Marty! I too have a medium-sized khaki/olive bag with gold trim. It's the nicest one I own -- got super lucky one day at Nordstrom Rack! Don't ask why I just happen to have a picture of it on my computer... :lol: :lol:
Beth
Mule

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:46 am

I do like your Jimmy Choo bag. Mine is more brown in color but is about the same size. I'll take a photo of it later today & post it. I do love my handbags & this is the most that hubby has ever spent on one for me. One year, we bought a really nice one at Dillards for our daughter for Christmas that was on sale for $98. I borrow that one from her on occasion as she is into zebra prints now. She also likes Vera Bradley bags. I prefer leather bags over vinyl any day of the week & this is genuine leather & seems to be well made. I am beginning to purchase quality over quantity but still like to change up my handbags.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby kjh9835 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 am

I prefer leather bags over vinyl any day of the week

Same here and I'm very picky. I like lots of pockets inside and out as well as a divider in the main center part of the bag and a zipper closure on the top with dual straps. Not too deep either as the contents fall to the bottom and I have to go digging for them! I had a leather one from Stone Mountain years ago that I loved. Have never found one that compared and wish I'd kept it to make another even if it was fabric. I bought one a couple months ago that would be almost as lovable but it's too deep. Maybe I'l get off my hiney and make one from that Tulip pattern I bought after I clean up my table...made a guitar strap the other day and still have the mess/extra fabric on the table.

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby bridesmom on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Now that's one good looking purse Beth.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom

New postby Mule on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:46 pm

MartySews2 wrote:I am beginning to purchase quality over quantity but still like to change up my handbags.
Marty ;)

Are you supposed to cut back on the quantity if you buy higher quality? I didn't realize that....whoops! :lol: :lol: Actually, I only buy a couple each year now. I have well over 40 bags, and my closet isn't very big! DH complains that there are "cocoons" every where. (That's what he calls them because of how they look in their little dust bags.)
Beth
Mule

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:16 pm

Oh, I have a very, very small closet & don't keep more than 4 or 5 at a time. I buy a new handbag every year or so. When they start looking worn, out they go to the donate pile even if I love them. My daughter has over 20+ handbags so if I need something different, I borrow from her. Guess I should make some for me but I like the one that hubby bought for me on Saturday. I found a label inside that said Elise Ms. Got lots of compliments on it today.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

Previous

Return to Health and Wellness