Marty

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: Marty

New postby Harriet A on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 am

HI everybody,
I just got off of the phone with Marty. She was waiting for the nurse to come by with the paperwork so that she could leave the hospital this morning. She had the major surgery on Wednesday. She did a lot of sleeping the past few days. She was able to walk down the hall yesterday. She sounds a little tired, but in good spirits. She will be seeing her doctor in about six weeks. Also, she said that she will be able to drive in about two weeks. I am sure that when she gets settled at home that she will come on and give you more details.
Harriet
Harriet A

New postby sewingmom on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:27 am

Thank you Harriet.
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Yep, I'm home & am very tired. My body has been thru a lot this week. On Tuesday morning, at 8am, I had an Electrophysiology study which is similar to a heart catherization as they go thru the groin & test the electrical impulses of the heart instead of opening clogged arteries. I had to lie flat most of the day Tuesday without moving my right leg. At 5am on Wednesday, I went into surgery & had a Medtronic ICD implanted in my left shoulder area. It is a combination pacemaker/defibillator. My left arm is in a sling so I do not raise my arm. The wound site is about 4 inches long & is quite painful but this will subside. Besides a little Vicodin never hurt anyone. All of my meds remain the same as before the surgery. I am glad that I get to take a shower today. Washing up in the hospital bathroom is not my idea of cleanliness. I was able to sit up & knit some yesterday. I did some knitting this morning & will probably sew some tomorrow. Never did finish my Easter suit. I am not rushing anything & have someone to teach my sewing classes while I recover. I bounce back pretty quickly. Hopefully, this surgery will cut down on hospitalizations. Six within a year is too many in my opinion. Don't ya think? :D :D :D
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Mom of Six on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:17 pm

:shame: Marty take your time & make sure you fully recover! We need you!!!! It just isn't the same around here when any of the regulars are missing!.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby Pudge99 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:08 pm

So glad to see you are home Marty. Take your time getting back into things, we want you around here for a very long time!
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

New postby kjh9835 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:23 pm

:dance: :pray: :applause: :D

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:21 pm

I promised hubby that I would take 6 weeks off from my regular activities to heal. I still plan to go to the classes with Margaret Tully that I signed up at the end of this month. Hubby will drive me to the salon next week for my hair appt. I have to buy some button up tops so I can be decent when I leave the house as I can't raise my left arm. Am on antibiotics & painkillers this next week. Am not sure if I will need them after then or not. It felt good to get a hot shower today & wash off that hospital smell. I need to get some calamine lotion to put on the areas where the EKG leads irritated my skin. I'm allergic to adhesives. It's nice to be home. :dance: :dance: :dance: :D :D :D
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby icetbear on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Marty, good to see you back at home and on the forum ;) Take it easy :dance:

NanaBear from the north
icetbear

New postby missfleecy on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 pm

So glad to see you are back on your feet--or at least back on your computer! That's not a minor operation, and I am glad it went so well. Hope that your recovery keeps going well, also (sounds great so far!), and that things continue towards returning to normal for you!

~ Miss Fleecy :party1:
missfleecy

New postby Mule on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm glad to hear you're home and starting to recover. Take care of yourself! And be sure to buy those button-up blouses -- don't stress yourself trying to make them!
Beth
Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Wellness