Marty

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: Marty

New postby temom on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:00 pm

DorothyL wrote:Take care of yourself Marty -- not only are we glad to have you back we want to keep you.

Dorothy

And I agree! We are very happy to have you back, so take very, very good care of yourself! Don't overdo it shopping or any other thing!
Theresa
temom

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:11 pm

All that I have done today is cook my lunch & snack plus 2 loads of laundry. I took small amounts & made several trips. I don't like for my laundry to be piled up. It's one of my pet peeves. I still have one load to dry & fold the 2 loads. I'll see if hubby will do the towels as they are heavier than the lights & darks. Sarah is out with friends after taking her car to be serviced. She won't be home for dinner tonight.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby ninifav on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Oh my goodness, Ms Marty...just got caught up on the site and found out that you've been a bad girl again!!! So glad that you have come through this ordeal...Now listen: from one fairly old nurse to a someone who doesn't like to have others wait on her...well, just get over it. You absolutely have to let the laundry pile up, let someone else fix you meals, and do your best imitation of a spoiled brat-lady!! It won't take much for you to relapse especially with your health history. The way I see it, you either follow the letter of the law or you will pack it in ...permanently...Harsh?? Yes...but I would hate to lose you. Even though I have never met you face-to-face, I have come to be very fond of you...Please take care...Paula (your very bossy, obnoxious e-friend.)
Paula
ninifav

New postby sewingmom on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Paula, Thank you so much for saying that. I know you arre correct and I hope Marty does.
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:05 pm

You are correct but with hubby trying to wait on me, work full time, mow the lawn, do the laundry, cook the meals & study for the course he's taking, I felt like I should do something other than lay in the bed all day. After all, he is 10 yrs older than I am & is exhausted from stress. So, when I got up around noon, I cooked some scrambled eggs & grits for my lunch. Afterwards, I washed my plate & the skillet using only my right hand. I made 4 trips to washer with a small handful of clothes to get the whites done & 3 trips to get the darks done. Hubby put the clothes in the dryer & then when dry, he carried them to the bed where I folded the clothes & put them away in our bedroom. I did defrost some pork chops for dinner & put them in the oven to bake. Hubby cooked the veggies. After dinner, I went to my neighbor's house & put her little dogs out to "potty" & then filled their water dishes using a glass. No lifting or carrying anything more than a plastic glass with water. When they came in, I gave each of them a treat & locked them in their kennels for the night. I did get lots of snuggles. I set her house alarm & came home. She's staying tonight with her elderly grandmother who fell & broke her arm. Sarah has spent the day getting her car serviced, out with friends & then on to her study group to work on a project due. When Monday comes, I'll be home alone & will have to fix my meals as Sarah has school & work while Joe will be at the office. I have spent over 80% of my day staying in bed, watching TV & being on the computer. Now, I'm hemming 2 pairs of pants for myself by hand. Thank you, Paula & SM for reminding me that a lot of people want me around for a very long time.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Previous

Return to Health and Wellness