Surgery has been postponed ...

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Surgery has been postponed ...

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:53 pm

My heart surgery has been postponed until next Tuesday (4/17) at 8am due to a scheduling conflict & awaiting insurance approval. I have to be at the hospital at 6am. I did speak with the nurse today & have the approval for the surgery. Until then, I'm supposed to be on bedrest so that my heart is not stressed. I will try to sit up for a little bit tomorrow & sew as that relaxes me. While in the bed, I can do hand embroidery & knit. I had forgotten how hard bedrest can be.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Surgery has been postponed ...

New postby lendube on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:34 pm

I can imagine bed rest is no fun when you're not down and out sick with the flu for instance. I'm sure there are things you'd rather be doing. Seems to me this heart surgery is overdue and you'll be a new woman when it's over. Would have been nice to have it already overwith though.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby temom on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Marty, be sure you don't push yourself! We want you in good condition going into the surgery, and tip top condition after the surgery!
Theresa
temom

New postby sewingmom on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Marty, I agree also that you should just chill a while till after the surgery. You worked so hard getting the house ready for the inspection and I'm sure you need to rest. We need to make plans so we can get together again a few weeks after my son's wedding Maybe even Lori could come with me.
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:22 am

Oh, that would be fun ... I'm just puttering around mostly staying in bed. However, I put down my Easter suit when I didn't feel good & if I don't pick it up & get it done, I won't ever get back to it. It just needs the sleeves added & topstitching on the sides plus hemming. I can hem while laying down. All of the construction has been on the serger with the exception of the topstitching & doing the zigzag elastic waistband. I can't wait to post photos as I changed up the jacket pattern some to fit my odd shape. It does need a good pressing too but will do that when it's done.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Return to Health and Wellness