Well ... now

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Well ... now

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:37 pm

I have heart flow problems. Got a call from my cardiologist's nurse who told me the doctor will call me later tonight (could be as late as 10pm) to discuss treatment options. I may have to have surgery & she wanted me to be prepared. We'll see what happens ... life is always an adventure, joy & challenge.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Well ... now

New postby kjh9835 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Sorry to hear that Marty, seems like it's always one thing or another but you seem to have a good attitude/outlook so whatever the treatment options are, I'm sure you'll make the right choice for you and benefit from it in the long run.

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Kathy, I have my moments but I have found that I can choose to be happy with my circumstances whatever they may be. I have a very strong faith in God's plan for my life. Besides life is too short to be grumpy all of the time. I'll just see what the doctor has to say whenever he calls. Tomorrow is the house inspection for my new wheelchair so I'm hoping that I will pass. Still have lots of furniture to move around & no helpers. Hubby is too exhausted in the evenings & my daughter has other plans, school & work so she is unable to help me. I've called one of our church members & he has said that he will come by with a helper tomorrow. If not, I'll be moving furniture on my own. As I have said, life is always a challenge.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Marty, please let things go that you shouldn't be doing. Surely someone will come help you. I am praying now for help for you and for good news from your doctor.
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Most of the furniture, I just scoot around on the hardwood floors. Most of them have rollers on them so it's not too horrible. I moved my sewing cabinet, the bins in the kitchen & laundry area as well as the cabinet with the microwave on top. I did get rid of an old recliner & a portable dishwasher that no longer worked out of the house & paid a church member to haul it to the dump site. Swept & cleaned the floors under all of this stuff. Yuck, it was nasty. Tomorrow, I have to move the china cabinet from the dining room to the living room, move the TV over to make room for the china cabinet, move a desk in front of the living room window to make room for the TV & move a chair over by the china cabinet. Then I have to turn my dining table sideways so there is space to move thru the dining area to the living room. I have to move a rocking chair over to make space for the wheelchair to go thru. Then I have some small bins to move around & my sewing bookcase/books/supplies, etc. The wheelchair has to be able to come thru the back gate, up the ramp, into the laundry room, into the kitchen, the dining area, living room & then to the hallway bath & my bedroom. I'm not trying to clear my hubby's study as there is a 6 inch drop (rarely go in there anyway) & I won't be going into my daughter's bedroom. I do have to sweep the leaves & debris off of the ra mp & back deck as well as move the hose & sprinkler off of the landing. I've had a week to prepare but no help so I gave up waiting on hubby & daughter & started moving things myself. They don't really care whether I get a new wheelchair or not. Mine is 9yrs old & is beginning to fall apart. I will donate to an agency who will fix it up for someone with no income. As of now, I am still waiting to hear from the doctor.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby pinecone on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:33 pm

goodness, Marty, take it easy. Get the family in gear, I mean you are using a wheelchair for a reason...and I don't think it is to pop wheelies!?! Hoping all goes well with the Dr. Sometimes the waiting is the hardest as the imagination can get going. Hugs ((( )))

piney
pinecone

New postby bridesmom on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Oh Piney! I can just envision Marty popping wheelies in her chair!!! Too funny! Take care Marty, your are in the best hands there could ever be.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:13 am

Everybody will be gone when the inspection is done this afternoon. I will get done what I can & pray that it is enough. I've been known to rearrange furniture to improve the flow in the house & haven't done this in over 10 yrs so it's time. My family feels no obligation to help me with this although hubby did carry out the trash last night & moved some of his things into his study. My daughter is housesitting for a neighbor so she didn't even stop by last night but did call to say she would come by before class this afternoon to move some of her things. We'll see if she does. Both hubby & daughter do what they like to do & everything else is up to me. I really cannot complain as they spoil me totally. If my young church member comes today with his friend, then I'll have the help that I need. God does provide so I'm not worried. As soon as the home inspection is over, I'm cutting out a skirt & jacket for me to wear on Sunday morning. I love Loes Hinse patterns as they are quick to sew on the serger. I will make a gored skirt (elastic waist) & a shawl collared jacket with a single button in the front out of a light purple double knit. The jacket is unlined. I have a white shell & amethyst jewelry to wear with it. It will be perfect for Easter Sunday.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 am

Marty, wish I wasn't on call this weekend or I'd call in for an emergency day off and come help you. Of course I really can't get there but in my heart I want to.
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, sewingmom. Hubby & daughter are in denial of just how serious my illness is so they pretend that it doesn't exist. However, this morning my daughter came over with 2 of her young strong male friends & all of the furniture was moved around to my satisfaction. Now, I know that I will pass the test. In fact, I was able to get rid of 3 nice pieces of furniture to someone who needed it. Just shows you that God does provide for us when we need it. I will spend the rest of the afternoon resting until the inspection after I run the vacuum.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

Next

Return to Health and Wellness