The weirdest thing about my surgery yesterday.

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: The weirdest thing about my surgery yesterday.

New postby DorothyL on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 am

Hope you feel better soon.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby lendube on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:46 pm

After almost all day yesterday in bed (and that's not something I do lightly!) I still slept from 10 last night till 10 this morning with a two hour reading break from 4-6 a.m. I woke up feeling better and it dawned on me that I was causing some of my problems with the Ibuprofen I was taking, 2 every 4-5 hours. My stomach felt like it was in a vise all day yesterday and the day before. Strange feeling. Today, no Ibuprofen. I'm not in pain. I just feel like I'm recovering from the flu and I've stayed out of bed. Hopefully I've had the worst. I'm guessing the anesthesia hits your body rather hard too. My face/sinuses just haven't hurt all that much. :think:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby sewingmom on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm glad today was a better day for you Lennie. My DH has dixcovered that he can't take Ibuprofen at bed time. It keeps him awake.
sewingmom

New postby Magot on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 am

Anaesthesia does hit you hard its true Lennie, hope you continue to improve. Ibruprofen can really give you gyp in the stomach department.
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby trini on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:46 pm

Happy to learn that your surgery went well and that you are feeling better.
Take care,
Lei.
trini

New postby kjh9835 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Just take it easy for a few more days, glad you are feeling a bit better.

dd16 goes Friday for her dental work, 12 small cavities between all her upper teeth. She has extreme needle phobia that we are dealing with. I have liquid Valium to give her the morning right before we leave then off to the surgery center for general anesthesia. I called and warned them it would take the whole office to hold her down for the IV insertion and that I would not be able to help. I know that sounds extreme for fillings but she just cannot handle doing it in the office even with laughing gas. Her anxiety level is so high, the gas does not affect her.

Joe has been put on 12hr shifts for the rest of the month and will not have any days off. There is just no one to cover. I will have to skip the pain meds on Friday in order to take her but hopefully we will be done in a couple hours and can come home.

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby lendube on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:20 am

I'd say I'm 95% back. Just a little bit "punk". Everyone I dealt with at the hospital was really friendly and great, I have to say. My favorite, Lei, was my post-op nurse, Cheryl. Or rather, "Hi, I'm Cheryl but you can call me Nurse Ratchet." :shock: We went on to gab for over an hour and I enjoyed her so much. She and her parents and siblings came over from St. Thomas, V.I. back in the '70's. I told her I could tell she hadn't grown up around these parts. :D She still had quite a telltale lilt to her voice. Very easy on the ear as I'm sure your voice is too. ;)

Kathy, good luck to your girl. Sounds like she can benefit from a little medication. How you're getting her there to take care of things is beyond me with terror like that! I wish her (and everyone involved) all the best.
Lennie

lendube

New postby bridesmom on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:36 am

You'd think it would be easier to just put her out completely! 6yr old DGD had laughing gas to get her through the dentist, I guess she was pretty funny after she had it. She had an infected tooth that had to get pulled. Poor girl, I can't imagine how awful it would be to be so stressed about needles.

Your nurse sounds like a doll Lennie! She must love her job!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby lendube on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Okay, first post-op appt. today. It was awful with a capital AWFUL!

Got what felt like a foot long probe shoved up my nose. Then he shot up something to numb it all and stuck the thing up, scraped, and vacuumed up inside again. It hurt so much even with the numbing. Probably have to have it done again at my last (hopefully) appt. a month from now. He said it's all normal following surgery and things looked good. Apparently I caused a lot of (as he said) "ooo'ing and ah'ing" in the operating room when they all saw the huge "fungus ball" that filled my sinus cavity. I'm thinking he was being nice. "Ooo's" and "Ah's" are for nice things. It was probably more like "EEEWWWW's and "How Gross's". :o :shock: :roll: So glad it's (almost) over. He did say it could all happen again but hopefully this is it!!
Lennie

lendube

New postby vickki on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:13 pm

You poor girl suffering so much.....think I would have to keep the fungus ball.I'm a wimp when it comes to hospitals...Hope your feeling better.Vickki
vickki

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Wellness