Ended up in emergency yesterday.

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: Ended up in emergency yesterday.

New postby momquilts on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:25 am

I don't have an Armando, but I did have to tell DH to go sit down a couple days ago. He was so afraid that I was going to fall after surgery that he followed me around the house about 6" behind me. I finally told him that I was not going to fall and that I could get out of the chair by myself, just not very quickly. He stood outside the bathroom door while I took my showers because he was afraid I would fall in the tub. Very caring, but that got old fast. He was off work with me for a week and that was long enough. Thankfully he went back to work yesterday.

I really can't complain about him, my laundry is done and the house looks great! A former co-worker is coming over this afternoon and DH did a wonderful job clearing away the clutter that always seems to land on the kitchen table. All that after working a 12 hour shift. I think I'll keep him for about another 35 years!
momquilts

New postby lendube on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Very sweet, mq. Don't you feel loved? I had the same thing when I went to the ER. At one point dh was behind me while I was on the ambulance stretcher. He was telling the ambulance crew something and he choked up and had a hard time talking. Dd said he sounded the same when he called her with updates about me. He was so sweet to me. He sat right next to me for 11 hours on a hard chair while not feeling well himself. Dh later told me that between the time the dr. said he wanted to do a cat scan and we got the results (3 hours later!) it was the hardest time thinking there might be something serious going on with me. I wasn't particularly worried. I thought it was vertigo from the start having heard a bit about it. I'm also the queen of denial. I just go off into la-la land when serious things come around. I've always called it being optimistic but I know it's just denial. Don't want to deal with it. lalalala

Now he's the sick one with a fever, two severe ear infections and bronchitis. He made an appt for himself early this morning and then said to me. If you want to tag along...........I said, No way are you driving! You're too sick. It was the least I could do after all the love he'd shown me.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Hope both of you feel better soon, Lennie. Don't have a vertigo spell when driving :anxious: :)
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby momquilts on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:20 am

Aw, feel better Kevin! He must have been sick to make an appointment for himself, goodness!
momquilts

New postby sewingmom on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 am

Lennie, How did the doctor appointment go. Did y'all make make it there and back OK. Hope you both feel better soon.
sewingmom

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Lennie, please let us know how Kevin is.. Hope he will soon be better, and glad to hear you are somewhat better.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby lendube on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:27 pm

You guys are all too kind. I'm fine, really. No dizziness since last weekend. Kevin's better........a little. Man, was he hit hard. He's on a super waszoo antibiotic and cough medicine with codeine. Luckily it all makes him sleepy so he's been sleeping a lot. His ears are better, coughing too, than yesterday. Boy, if you get the right antibiotic it works miracles!

Thanks for asking.
Lennie

lendube

New postby Magot on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:39 am

Heal up you two, that;s an order. :shame:
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby Mule on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 am

So is everybody feeling better now?
Beth
Mule

New postby lendube on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:33 am

Dh went back to work today for the first time in a week and a half. We had a light hearted conversation this morning and he came to the conclusion that he's 70% back to normal. He started it by saying he wasn't 100% so I asked just what the percentage was and he settled on 70% (but not yet 75%). :D

We've got to go out tonight so I think he's making it a short day so he's not doing too much. Thanks, Beth.
Lennie

lendube

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Wellness