It's Always Something ...

Support and discussion for health related issues.

It's Always Something ...

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Had fun on my birthday retreat last week but got a call from my doctor last Saturday telling me that my kidney function test levels were abnormal & he was faxing the info to my nephrologist. I got a call Wednesday morning from my nephrologist saying that she wanted me to go to the hospital outpatient lab for a repeat of the test. So on Wednesday afternoon, I went to the lab after my guild meeting then went fabric shopping, out to dinner with hubby & home again. About 9:30pm, I got a call from my nephrologist telling me to go immediately to the emergency room as I was in renal failure. So after being in the emergency room for about 24 hours, I ended up having surgery to have a catheter placed in my right jugular vein & I am now on dialysis 3 times a week. I'm still in the hospital and will be here for several more days. I don't know what caused the renal failure as I don't have any symptoms nor do I feel bad. Hopefully, some of the tests that I will be undergoing over the weekend will give me some answers as to why this happened. But for now, I have some hand embroidery work to do & as of tonight, I have my laptop so I can stay in touch with everyone. Prayers are very helpful.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: It's Always Something ...

New postby kjh9835 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Dear Marty,

I am so sorry you are going thru this bout of un-knowns but glad you are not feeling badly. I hope that all turns out well for you and your family. Around here, not much gets done on the weekends since "on-call" docs rarely make decisions, they just fill in until the reg. docs get back on Monday morning. They do order labs/tests, etc and interpert the results to get you thru the weekend. Sometimes you get lucky and your reg. doc is on call for the weekend and you get quicker results.

I will be praying for you to get this settled as soon as possible.

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby lendube on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Oh Marty, what a lousy thing to happen. I'm so sorry. I have missed your presence on the board. I'm glad your renal failure was caught so you should be doing better now that they know. As you know, I don't do prayers but I'm sending out the best, warmest thoughts and hopes for everything to turn out well for you. Glad you can be in touch.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby Bama on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:49 pm

So sorry to hear that Marty. I've been wondering where you've been. I hope you get better soon. Keep us updated, and please take care of yourself. ((((hugs))))
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby sewingmom on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:11 pm

Oh! pooh! Marty, Am so sorry to hear about the current health problem and I hope you have a quick recovery. I am praying right now. May the Great Physician lay his healing hands on you.
sewingmom

New postby DorothyL on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:28 am

I hope you are feeling better soon, Marty.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby dmoses on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:45 am

Hi Marty,
I am thinking about you, and hope this thing gets worked out. It's good that it was discovered despite your lack of symptoms, and I hope you will be back at home soon. :)
Take care,
Donna
dmoses

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:18 am

Prayers coming Marty.. I wish you all the best.. BTW , I just got Martha's newsletter with your article in it.. Nice Going ! !
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks Libby, it was a nice surprise to be invited to write about my sewing ministry & then to see it in print was extra special.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Mule on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:33 pm

I hope you feel better soon!!! It's a good thing your doctors caught that...
Beth
Mule

Next

Return to Health and Wellness