bee sting

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: bee sting

New postby Sancin on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:59 am

I got this information from an email a few months ago. One of my friends told me they used to do this when she grew up on the farm.

"This information may be something to remember, as this season will soon be here again... It might be wise to carry a penny in your pocket while working in the yard.......... BEE STINGS!

A couple of weeks ago, I was stung by both a bee and hornet while working in the garden. My arm swelled up, so I went to the doctor. The clinic gave me cream and an antihistamine. The next day the swelling was getting progressively worse, so I went to my regular doctor. The arm was Infected and needed an antibiotic. The doctor told me - " The next time you get stung, put a penny on the bite for 15 minutes".

That night, my niece was stung by two bees. I looked at the bite and it had already started to swell. So, I taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next morning, there was no sign of a bite. We decided that she just wasn't allergic to the sting."

"The doctor said that the copper in the penny counteracts the bite. It definitely works! Please remember and pass this information on to your friends, children, grandchildren".
*~*~*~* Nancy*~*~*~*

God put me on this earth to sew and finish a certain number of things. I am so far behind now.....I will never die!.......If I stitch fast enough does it count as an aerobic exercise?
Sancin

New postby DorothyL on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:43 am

Hope you are feeling better, Lori.
I've been stung a lot too but only once did it swell up and hurt like that. It was tender for quite a while. But that was on my arm so I could still get around. On your foot -- ouch. I think Lennie is right -- sometimes the right bee in the right place and it hurts worse than usual.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby Bama on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:21 pm

I had a hard time sleeping last night until the last dose of Benadryl finally kicked in. ;) At 9 pm it was still a dull ache like a toothache or earache. I'm feeling much better today. Now it's just itchy. I usually have a high tolerance for pain, but this time it put me on the couch for most of the day. :anxious: Thanks for listening to me whine. :D
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby lendube on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:45 pm

Boy, that really did a number on you, didn't it Lori? Glad it's better.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby bridesmom on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:26 pm

As crazy as it sounds, I think I will carry pennies with me JIC!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby sewingmom on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:02 pm

I hope the foot is getting better.
sewingmom

Previous

Return to Health and Wellness