Update on Joe

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Update on Joe

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Just want to let everyone know that my husband, Joe, is doing better. The first few days he was in a lot of pain & would groan when getting up & down out of bed. Now, he is just sore but doesn't complain anymore. He didn't sleep much the first 3 days but now he's sleeping completely thru the night. Also, he didn't eat anything but crackers on Monday. On Tuesday, he ate some scrambled eggs for breakfast & chicken noodle soup w/crackers for lunch & dinner. By Thursday, he began to eat regular meals. Today, he shaved & sat up for about 2 hours but I think that he over did it as he is exhausted tonight. I have to constantly remind him not to lift anything. He goes back to the doctor on Aug 30th for his post-op check-up. I expect him to be home at least 3 more weeks before going back to work on limited duty. While I do not enjoy cooking or being in the kitchen, I am cooking 3 meals a day for him. It gets to be exhausting as I'm doing everything else that he normally does except grocery shop. Fortunately, Sarah took care of that for me this afternoon. Overall, I think that we are doing okay.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Update on Joe

New postby Bama on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:09 pm

I'm glad to hear that Marty. :) Don't over do it yourself. You won't be any help to him if you make yourself sick. :shame: Maybe you could have Sarah pick up something simple for dinner, like a rotisserie chicken from the deli and a bag of salad mix. Roast beef sandwiches with au jus (like Lennie made) would also be simple, yet delicious. The crockpot might make meals easier on you as well.
I hope he continues to get better each day. :)
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby sewingmom on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:18 pm

That is great to hear. I am glad you are holding up.
sewingmom

New postby Mule on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm so to hear that he's doing better and you're holding up. I agree with keeping the meals simple, and maybe cook something that can be used a second day. Like make a pork roast and then shred the leftovers and put in a crockpot with some BBQ sauce for sandwiches the next day. It's not leftovers if it shows up in a different format!
Beth
Mule

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Joe would refuse to eat sandwiches or any purchased prepared meals. I only eat enough not to go into a diabetic coma as I have no interest in food these days unless it is something I like. Mostly, I try to fix things that Joe likes & will eat. Beyond that, I try to stay out of the kitchen.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby DorothyL on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:41 am

Glad to hear he's doing better.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby Magot on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:47 am

Good to hear he is progressing - look after yourself as well though Marty.
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

Return to Health and Wellness