Good News

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Good News

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Well, we saw one of the doctor's in the group who told us that Sarah's CT scan did not show any abnormalities. The blood levels are still high but are coming down. He seemed to think that it was a combination of taking too many Advil, drinking alcohol & a virus. He did stress that a liver function test was not ordered at this time & he will let her primary care doctor handle that when she returns to work. Her grandmother died which is why she had to cancel Sarah's appts this week. I feel a little bit better but still have so many questions. Guess, I'll never get the answers.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Good News

New postby temom on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:28 pm

That certainly is good news! Now to make sure the young lady understands what she needs to do!
Theresa
temom

New postby sewingmom on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Marty, My youngest son did something similar and actually became very ill fo a short time. I'm glad they figured it out and she will know what to do.
sewingmom

New postby Mule on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:45 pm

That sounds like good news! Just make sure she stays alert for any future problems, although it looks like there may not be any.
Beth
Mule

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Well, the numbers are not in the normal range yet. We still have more doctor visits on the horizon but I hope that she will realize what she needs to do. At 23, it is her choice whether to follow the doctor's instructions or not. All I can do is pray for her & encourage her not to be reckless.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby missfleecy on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:46 pm

MartySews2 wrote:He seemed to think that it was a combination of taking too many Advil, drinking alcohol & a virus.

Hi Marty,

Glad that the CT scan checked out. Just curious: When you said Advil, did you perhaps mean Tylenol? Tylenol plus alcohol are a very dangerous combination for the liver (see this page, for example) but Advil and alcohol shouldn't interact other than to possibly cause some stomach bleeding.

~Miss Fleecy :pray:
missfleecy

New postby Magot on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:54 am

Yay, good to hear Marty, now how are you?
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:46 am

@MissFleecy, she takes large amounts of Advil & Excedrin because she has migraines, arthritis in her joints & hypermobility (which means her joints slip) & will drink one or two drinks when she is out with friends several times a week. She doesn't take Tylenol. Overall, she is very responsible. Her enzyme level was over 550 when it should have been under 40. It is now down to 126 but she still has a long way to go. She has made it clear that she enjoys having a drink & will not stop regardless. She's very stubborn like her daddy in that respect. All I can do at this point is pray that she will change her mind.

@Jan, I'm holding up as well as I can. I'm feeling stressed which is not good as I tend to overeat when I'm stressed. I am trying to take naps everyday so I can feel rested. I have about 6 sewing projects due for others by the end of August & have several guild responsibilities that I'm late in getting done. I'm just taking it one day at a time.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Marty, Could you delegate some of the responsibilities???
sewingmom

New postby missfleecy on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:00 pm

MartySews2 wrote:@MissFleecy, she takes large amounts of Advil & Excedrin because she has migraines, arthritis in her joints & hypermobility (which means her joints slip) & will drink one or two drinks when she is out with friends several times a week. She doesn't take Tyleno

Excedrin contains three ingredients: Acetaminophen (i.e. Tylenol), Aspirin, and caffeine. Since it contains acetaminophen it is definitely a very bad thing to mix with alcohol; same as taking Tylenol! If she insists on drinking, stock up on the Advil and throw the Excedrin away.

~Miss Fleey :shock:
missfleecy

Next

Return to Health and Wellness