Health is going downhill ...

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Health is going downhill ...

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:19 pm

I feel like our health is going downhill. Two days before my daughter's trip to FL, her doctor called to say that her liver enzyme levels were extremely highly elevated. She does drink but the doctor doesn't think that is the cause. We went back today for a CT scan of the liver to rule out tumors & more blood work. We'll get the results on Friday. She starts school next week & will be working every day around her classes. Next Monday (the 15th) hubby will have a double hernia repair surgery where he will have about a 6 inch incision. There are no plans to keep him in the hospital even though he will be under general anesthesia & the surgery is expected to last about 3 hours. Needless to say, I'll be the one caring for him. All of this stress has caused my blood pressure to go up & has increased my heart rate to almost 100. This makes me very, very tired. Right now, I'm trying to maintain my sanity. I need a vacation ... I hope that my sewing will help calm me down as I don't handle stress very well. Unfortunately, there is no family nearby to help out. I guess that this is what our future will look like ... :(
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Health is going downhill ...

New postby bridesmom on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:20 pm

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

And don't forget to keep your eyes on the One who cares more than anything or anyone.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby HeyJudee on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Sending good thoughts your way Marty.
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby Mom of Six on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Marty Take care of yourself too! Could you get someone from your church in to help? Even visit with your DH a few hours so you can get your rest/sewing time in.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby sewhappyrtr on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:21 am

Awww.. that's too bad Marty... but I thought hernia surg. with laproscopy wasn't too bad, course you did say he has a double one.
Need to take care of yourself, cuz then who will take care of them???
Hope its good news for your daughter... Hugs ((((()))))
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

New postby Bama on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:37 am

((((Hugs Marty)))). I'm sorry so much stressful stuff is happening for you. You have to take care of yourself. Let us know how everything goes.
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby sewingmom on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:51 am

Marty, you are in my prayers. One thing I have noticed is that the Creators Words can lower my stress level if I just dwell there, especially, when I feel the walls closing in. One of the wonderful things about this day and age is that a lot more of our problems are fixable.
sewingmom

New postby lendube on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am

Doesn't your insurance offer home health care workers after surgery? With your limitations, Marty, I would think you'd qualify. Hernia surgery makes it rather painful to move around for a couple of weeks but it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Wishing for the best for both dh and dd.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Our insurance doesn't offer home health care services. The doctor said that there will be a 6-8 inch incision across the lower abdomen & the surgery is expected to take about 3 hours. He will be under general anesthesia. He cannot take demerol so I'm not sure what anesthesia that they will use. He had a reaction to the anesthesia the last time that he had surgery. It's getting him up & down out of the bed that will be the most challenge for me. Sarah will be in school some nights & working around her classes so she won't be around much to help out with hubby. I know that I will manage but may not be online very much. It's Sarah's liver function that has me upset the most as that was totally unexpected. We will see the doctor on Friday for the CT & blood test results. I hope that it is nothing too serious. I have cancelled my activities for the next 4 weeks so I can focus totally on hubby. He will be off from work for about 4 weeks. I'm trying to get my blood pressure back to my normal level & slow down my heart rate. It was 100 yesterday which is way too fast. I imagine as hubby sleeps, I will sleep much like when one has a baby. :) The words of encouragement & prayers really do help.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Thoughts and prayers coming your way..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

Next

Return to Health and Wellness