Baking with Splenda

Share your favorite recipes. Enter at your own risk - may be craving inducing!

Re: Baking with Splenda

New postby Pudge99 on Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:09 pm

Barb,

I get migraines from Equal and Sweet and Low but amazingly I have no troubles with Splenda.

My MIL was notorious for not telling me until after I have eaten it that something has artificial sweetener. As it will only be them coming I won't worry about labelling. :twisted:
There is no way I would make something to share at work, school or church that I didn't label.
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

New postby temom on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:35 pm

I had been using the splenda for about 2 years before I had any problems, then it hit like a ton of bricks. Now I can't use it. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I still have 2 splenda cook books on my shelf. If anyone wants them, they can have them for the price of postage.
Theresa
temom

New postby Patty22 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:22 pm

http://vgs.diabetes.org/recipe/viewReci ... tegoryID=8

This is the pumpkin pie recipe from the American Diabetes Association website. They have lots of recipes and they give the nutritional breakdown (which might be more helpful than just a regular recipe) If you notice, they only put 2 T of brown sugar.

I just put less sugar and have been skipping the Splenda when baking.... as I use to do the Splenda route. I found the Splenda just got too expensive and didn't make anything taste better. Once you start eliminating the amount of sugar it isn't missed as much in some recipes.

I think the less artifical ingredients you use is the healtier route.
Patty
"The future lies before you, like paths of pure white snow. Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show." ~ Unknown
Patty22

Previous

Return to Recipes