banana soft serve

Share your favorite recipes. Enter at your own risk - may be craving inducing!

banana soft serve

New postby Bama on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 pm

DD found the idea for this and we tried it today.

Cut up 2-3 ripe bananas into chunks, place in freezer bag, and freeze til firm. We left them over night. Take out of freezer for about 5 to 10 minutes to thaw slightly. Place in blender or food processor with 1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla extract. Blend til smooth. It should be the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Eat up. :P Tastes a lot like ice cream, but without the guilt. ;) You can add in any other kind of frozen fruit. We froze some strawberries to mix with bananas tomorrow. I used to make chocolate covered frozen bananas when the kids were little, but this way you can add in other fruits.

We made homemade magic shell to drizzle on:
Place 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips and 1/2 cup coconut oil into microwave safe bowl. Heat til melted, and stir. Drizzle over banana soft serve (or ice cream). Store left over topping in refrigerator. To serve again, melt in microwave. When you pour it over frozen desserts, it becomes solid again.

DD likes the banana soft serve so much, I'm thinking about buying a Yonana frozen treat maker. :P
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

Re: banana soft serve

New postby lendube on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:31 am

That's a good idea, Lori. Seems a little too sweet and cloying for my taste but still I think it'd be a great treat for kids. And the magic shell. I bet it's good.

I had a yogurt maker way back when. Wish I hadn't gotten rid of it. I'm sure it would still make a good yogurt.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Return to Recipes