Look! I love the way my recipe looks.

Share your favorite recipes. Enter at your own risk - may be craving inducing!

Look! I love the way my recipe looks.

New postby lendube on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I've used these type of recipe sites for so long but never posted to them. This is the site Pioneer Woman runs as well. I've made this sauce forever but there's so many varieties and I couldn't find any stand alone recipes at all on this site, only those with instructions for the fish tacos as well. Thought I'd figure out the process and then maybe share some of my own tried and true recipes there. I decided I'd be "bettysketty" here and not "lendube". Just for kicks. Betty's my little doggy in the avatar.

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/condime ... ite-sauce/
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: Look! I love the way my recipe looks.

New postby Bama on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Very cool Lennie. Love the username.
I have never tried fish tacos, but DH's brother (who lived in California for several years) loves them and makes them quite often.
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby DorothyL on Thu May 17, 2012 6:48 am

Looks good Lennie but I wouldn't make anything when the first ingredient is mayonnaise.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby kjh9835 on Thu May 17, 2012 7:31 am

Never tried them either but alot of restaurants serve them. I don't do much cooking as Joe did most of that all these years. He doesn't cook much now either but we are rarely all home at the same time to eat since the kids both have jobs.
We prob. only eat together once or twice a week and then it's something quick and easy like baked ziti, spaghetti, something on the grill or baked. I don't fry anything but bacon and it's only occasionally that we have that.

Does look good though, may have to try them sometime. Kids don't like fish but Joe and I do. What kind do you use for tacos?

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby HeyJudee on Thu May 17, 2012 9:20 am

OK, I have to ask...how do you make fish tacos. Never heard of them before...cause being a long distance from the ocean...fish is not something that I eat that often. I know that I should eat more of it...so this could be interesting, maybe... :?
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby Magot on Thu May 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Woooo - Lookit you!
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby lendube on Thu May 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Oh, they are so delicious. Use any type of firm fish. You can grill it on the barbie (which is traditional), pan fry, deep fry, whatever you prefer. I've done it all different ways. I like bbq'ing because there's so much less mess. I've coated it in crumbs with some Old Bay, I've marinated it or just thrown it on the grill naked. Cut in strips index finger size or so. It really doesn't matter how you cook the fish but just keep in mind that this is Mexican so if you flavor the fish keep that in mind.

Use corn tortillas, steamed, or you can use flour and make a burrito too. Layer fish, white sauce, cilantro, green onions, salsa, hot sauce and shredded cabbage (red or white), just do not use lettuce unless you really hate cabbage. Dh and ds put cheese on them but I don't care for that and I absolutely LOVE any kind of cheese, go figure.

Dorothy, you must be my kid's true mother. No mayonnaise (or any creamy sauces for the matter) touches their lips. They do like the fish tacos, just without the sauce.

We're not big fish eaters but we all love these and it's the go-to fish dish around here.

Let me know if you guys try them.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Return to Recipes