Pumpkin Dip

Share your favorite recipes. Enter at your own risk - may be craving inducing!

Pumpkin Dip

New postby kjh9835 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:22 am

I make this every year for family weiner roasts and carry-ins at work, everyone says it's really good. I found the recipe at allrecipes.com. I buy gingersnaps and nilla wafers for dipping. When I have time, I buy a small pumpkin and scoop it out and serve the dip in it.

1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
2 c. xxxx sugar
1 15 oz can solid pack pumpkin
1 T. ground cinnamon
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. frozen orange juice concentrate

Blend cream cheese and xxxx sugar until smooth. Gradually mix in pumpkin. Stir in cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and orange juice until smooth and well blended. Chill until serving.

Also, since I usually make a double batch, I buy the 29 oz can of pumpkin pie filling instead of just the solid pack pumpkin and do not add the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.

I just made this on Saturday and we discovered that for "single servings" you can crush up the cookies in a bowl, add a spoonful of dip and top it with cool whip. Pretty good but too sweet for me when you add the cool whip but the kids really liked it.

Kathy
kjh9835

Re: Pumpkin Dip

New postby Bama on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm planning on making this for DD and her friends next Saturday night. I usually make a caramel cream cheese dip this time of year, and serve it with apples. I thought I'd try something new. We love pumpkin. Do you think this would be good with apple slices, as well as ginger snaps?
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby kjh9835 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Hmm, I have some leftover and some apples, just my luck to taste test for you. Yes its good with apples but not Oreo cookies which were next to the apples so I tried that too, stick with the apples :)

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby Bama on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks Kathy. :D
I just talked to my daughter. She has to do a presentation for her public speaking class next week and asked me for suggestions. Examples the professor gave them was "How to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" and "How to play (insert favorite game or sport)". I suggested she demonstrate how to make this dip. :think: She thought it was a great idea. We'll pick up ingredients for her this weekend, gather mixer, bowl, and other supplies, and look for some sort of pumpkin bowl to serve it in. Of course she'll serve it to the class after her demonstration. :P
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

Return to Recipes