Food Processor? To buy or not to buy?

Share your favorite recipes. Enter at your own risk - may be craving inducing!

Re: Food Processor? To buy or not to buy?

New postby sewingmom on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:30 am

I have a little electric food chopper but I would love to have an appliance like the old Oster Kitchen center that had one motor with interchangable blendre, food chopper-grater- slicer, mixer. Havn't seen one in several years. I make my own homemade clothes detergent and grating the barsoap would be easier if I had an electric grater. Homemade soups are a staple around my house in the Fall and Winter.
sewingmom

New postby icetbear on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will be looking at processors this weekend. My pantry holds boxed stock as well, just wondered if many of you made it from scratch. Lots of soup recipes on hand to try ;) Take care.

NanaBear
icetbear

New postby lendube on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Ann, please let us know what you wind up with and also please share any recipes that you and your family like, okay? Good luck. Mmmmm, :drool: soup, just in time for the colder weather. I love soup with crusty bread. :drool:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby momquilts on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:22 pm

[quote="sewingmom"]I have a little electric food chopper but I would love to have an appliance like the old Oster Kitchen center that had one motor with interchangable blendre, food chopper-grater- slicer, mixer. Havn't seen one in several years. quote]

I bought one of the Oster's in 1980 and used it into the 2000s. I loved that thing so much I talked my mom into getting one. She still has hers although the motor doesn't work properly. If she's not careful she has cake batter all over her kitchen because the motor speeds up on her while mixing. I bought her a KitchenAid and she wouldn't use it so I took it to my house and bought her a cheap Sunbeam. I love the KitchenAid but it's only a mixer not like the Oster 'do everything' machine!
momquilts

New postby Mule on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:14 pm

The Cuisinart can do most of those things. It chops, grates, slices, mixes, and blends. I use it to make my bread dough because it's easier than with my Kitchenaid mixer. I prefer it to the blender for blending things like salad dressing, because the blender incorporates a bit too much air. I think Kitchenaid has some food processors that do all those things as well.
Beth
Mule

New postby HeyJudee on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:32 pm

icetbear wrote:....just wondered if many of you made it from scratch.
NanaBear

Yep...I usually do. Don't have any boxed stock on hand.
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

Previous

Return to Recipes