Mmm Mmmm Good Cookies

Share your favorite recipes. Enter at your own risk - may be craving inducing!

Mmm Mmmm Good Cookies

New postby lendube on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:16 pm

http://www.relish.com/recipes/hambobs-o ... cookies-1/

Just made these and boy, does the house smell good. So fall-ish. I found the recipe this past week in the "Relish" supplement that we get with our San Diego paper. I always enjoy it and there are some really good recipes. Never been to the website till now to get this link for everybody.

I had everything on hand and they were easy to make. I made them slightly smaller than walnut size and got 64 cookies. There are now only 62 since I had to test them. ;) They're hard and very tasty. They're not too sweet but I think they're great. If you make them be sure and remove them from the cookie sheet right away to cool. Otherwise they stick like crazy. I wouldn't grease the sheets or they might spread out too much. I used 2/3 butter shortening and 1/3 real butter. Mine were perfect at 14 minutes but you probably know how to adjust for your area. (Our elevation means we always cook/bake longer and also need a little extra flour when baking.)
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: Mmm Mmmm Good Cookies

New postby Bama on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Sounds yummy. I'm bookmarking this one. :P I love molasses cookies.
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

Re: Mmm Mmmm Good Cookies

New postby HeyJudee on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Lennie, those sure sound like the molasses sugar cookies that I make. I got the recipe from an old magazine when I was about 12 years old. It's been a family favourite over the years...and my sister make some just a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to check my recipe to see how close they are.
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

Return to Recipes