Coconut/Banana Cream pie

Share your favorite recipes. Enter at your own risk - may be craving inducing!

Coconut/Banana Cream pie

New postby woodywoodpecker598 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Here's hoping someone will know what I'm looking for. The gist of the story is: When I was growing up there were a couple of restaurants in town that sold this wonderful pie. It was pure white(almost had a blue tinge to it) and not a custard. It was ever so good and I have been looking for it ever since. The restaurants were owned by orential people so it likely was a desert that was unquie to their culture and renamed . I did try write to the restaurants to find out, but they had moved on. I also contacted Jean Pare (from the Company Coming books) as she lives in that area and I thought she might know. She was gracious enough to answer me and said she knew what I was trying to find but also hadn't ran across it yet. Does anyone know of anything like this?
woodywoodpecker598

Re: Coconut/Banana Cream pie

New postby Skye on Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:37 am

Have you tried to Google cocnut banana cream pie and see what comes up - lots of recipes
Skye

New postby lendube on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:43 am

Try http://www.recipezaar.com I've had lots of luck with that site and their millions of recipes.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby woodywoodpecker598 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:08 am

Yes, I have been googleing for years, but I think the problem is, it really isn't the the correct name for what I'm looking for, but Thanks anyway for trying.
woodywoodpecker598

Return to Recipes