Recipe for Zucchini Bread in Bread Machine...

Share your favorite recipes. Enter at your own risk - may be craving inducing!

Recipe for Zucchini Bread in Bread Machine...

New postby Sewhappie on Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:56 am

Okay, I will be the first one to ask for help with a recipe.........

Does anyone have or know of a place I can get a recipe for making Zucchini Bread in a Bread Machine? I can't find one with my machines recipe book, banana is the closest thing I have.
I have Googled until my eyes hurt with no luck. They will say it is for the machine only to turn around and see that they are talking about baking it in a regular oven.

I am becoming over run with thee things and would really like to make some bread. Oh and if you have a recipe for deep fried zucchini stripes I would love that one also!!!! They are great with Ranch Dressing as a dip!!!!! :mrgreen:
Doodlebug's are for Grandmas!!!
Sewhappie

Re: Recipe for Zucchini Bread in Bread Machine...

New postby kaitlinnegan on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:45 am

Sewhappie -- zucchini bread is usually a quick bread made without yeast. Can you even do quick breads in a bread machine? Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what the advantage would be, since they are pretty simple to make - just mix the ingredients and pop it in the oven. You might find a yeast recipe somewhere, but the only zucchini bread I've ever had is more like banana bread.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby Sewhappie on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:54 am

That's my problem, my oven died!!!! We can't get it fixed for another week!!! I did forget to mention it in the earlier post. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Sewhappie

New postby kaitlinnegan on Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:08 pm

Oh my! Well, I suppose you could try a regular zucchini bread recipe in your bread machine.. Here's a recipe for banana bread using a bread machine: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Bread---Quick-Bread-for-Machines/Detail.aspx - maybe that might give you some ideas of what settings to use. Good luck!
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby Bama on Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:58 pm

I make quick breads in my bread machine. I think most quick bread recipes would work.
I made some mock pineapple one year when we had an over abundance of zucchini. It uses peeled, shredded zucchini, sugar, and pineapple juice and you freeze it. Tastes just like crushed pineapple. My kids even ate it over ice cream. :P I also used it to make pineapple flavored zucchini bread. If you're interested, I'll see if I can find the recipe tomorrow evening.
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby Sewhappie on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:38 am

Bama, sounds good to me!!!!!

I spoke with the repair man about my oven, he seems to know what the problem is and should be able to fix it once he gets here. That's won't be until the end of next week as he just had eye surgery!!!! I hope that my Zuc's can hold out that long!!!!!
Sewhappie

New postby Jeke on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:54 am

Sewhappie,

When I get overrun with the zuchinni monsters :twisted: , I shred it and bag it in ziplocks (2-3 cups) and freeze it. Easy to thaw and make the bread when I have time. Chocolate Zuchinni Bread is a favorite around here. :dance:
Jay
Jeke

New postby Sewhappie on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:13 am

I will do that!!! Thanks I'm not one for cooking or baking, but lately I have had the urge to do it. Now I just need my oven fixed!!!!
Sewhappie

New postby CodyGramma on Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:53 am

I bake 3 loaves of zucchini bread at a time so by tyring to do it in a bread machine wouldn't work for me! I think it would take all day compared to the hour and a half it takes me to do 3 loaves.... But I have never heard of one for a bread machine either and have never tried to make a quick bread in it.....can't wait to see if someone comes up with a recipe tho!
Have a Great Day!
Patsy
CodyGramma

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:26 am

The Greeks have a bread they call Zeemaropita (spelled phoenetically) .. It is like a standard cornbread recipe with a little extra oil, eggs, and grated squash of any kind included (3 cups) . It is great made with grated zucchini .. (with skins left on if its not too big ) I take a regular recipe and add 1/4 cup oil and 2 eggs and of course with 3 cups grated zucchini or crookneck or a mixture of the two..These just happen to be my favorites.. I like them raw sliced with ranch dressing as a dip also..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

Return to Recipes