drapery woes

Curtains, pillows, and more!

drapery woes

New postby pandy on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:59 am

I recently made lined back-pleated drapes, hung them and noticed that some of the pleats are slightly puckered at the bottom of the pleat where the buckram ends. As they are large panels I don't want to rip out and resew until I know where I went wrong. Anyone out there who can offer some advice?
pandy

Re: drapery woes

New postby temom on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:40 am

Welcome! I can't help you, as the drapes that I made and hung up well over a year ago still have basting stitiches holding them together, as the valance hides a lot of issues. I bought a walking foot after doing one panel, and that made a huge difference. I still need to rip most of it out and redo it, but it looks perfectly fine hidden behind the valance :lol: Good Luck, and I hope someone can really answer your question.
Theresa
temom

Re: drapery woes

New postby bridesmom on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm

Is it really that noticeable or do you just see it because you know its there, if you know what I mean? I find for myself, the perfectionist comes out in me and I can see all the little errors, but other people don't see any of them at all, unless it's another sewer who is checking out my work!!!! *(like my Mother in law!)
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

Return to Home Decor