Rules for Posting

Working with a new fabric can be intimidating - discuss everything from washing to needle choice here.

Re: Rules for Posting

New postby ninifav on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:26 pm

Does "incorrigable " apply to several of our loved ones here...hehehe...Poor Katelien...
Paula
ninifav

New postby abcameo on Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:58 am

I guess I'm disappointed that I was told to take my website i.d./signature off my posts. I was a member of the Sew What's New for a few years, where the signature was allowed, and I think everyone there got to recognize me by my signature--since I only use my first name in my posts and there are probably a bunch of other Amy's who are members here.

It's just my opinion, but I don't see what's wrong with having a signature/website url included with posts (what you consider advertising). I'm often curious to see what others are doing, either professionally or hobby-wise, and I like it when they take a look at my site and see what I create. I think readers are savvy enough to ignore it if they're not interested.
Amy
abcameo

Location: Roseville, CA (but you can't take the NYer out of me!)

New postby kaitlinnegan on Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:57 am

Amy,

Here is a link to the old rules on SWN: Guidelines for posting
I used them as a basis for my rules here. Here is the paragraph on advertising:
PLEASE no advertising on the site. If your signature includes a website that offers something to sell, don't post it on these forums. If you have something sewing or quilting related to sell, post on the Fabrics/Machines/Other For Sale forum. That is the ONLY forum that will allow advertising. I am allowing it for free, so at least have the decency to post in the proper place.

Advertising may have been allowed in the past on SWN, but as of that post it was not. I don't want this forum to become an outlet for advertising, and that is the bottom line. I am not keeping you from displaying your work - if you want to post pictures of your work (even work that is for sale), that is fine, but you may not post links to a website where you actually sell those items except in the "For Sale" forum. You may also post a link to your website in your profile in the "Website" field so that people can find it who are interested. I think you will find that many forums have a similar policy (for example Craftster).

PS - in case you misunderstood, you are allowed to have a signature. It just cannot include a link to a website that sells anything.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby Glennssister on Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:10 am

Kaitlin, It is good to know where the boundries are. Thank You!
Glennssister

New postby kaitlinnegan on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:12 pm

BarbSheddonGordon - in case you are looking for the post you made here, I have moved it to the Sergers/Overlockers forum here: Pfaff Hobbylock thread.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Understanding Fabrics