Scavenger Hunt

Fat quarter, block, and other swaps.

Moderator: Pudge99

Scavenger Hunt

New postby Bama on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Is anyone interested in starting a new scavenger hunt? For those who don't know what I'm talking about, in the past we've done Christmas Scavenger Hunts. This is how it worked: You are matched up with one partner. You pick one small, inexpensive gift for each letter in the word Christmas. Gifts can be handmade, purchased, something you already have and want to share.... it doesn't matter. Just pick one item for each letter of the type of hunt we are having. For example for Christmas.... C- cookie cutter, H- hankerchief, R- red thread, I-icicle ornament, S- snowman fabric....etc..... Sometimes you have to be creative to come up with something for each letter. You pack everything into a box and mail it to your swap partner by the deadline we've chosen. It's lots of fun opening your box and seeing what your partner picked for you and also lots of fun trying to pick things to go into the box you send.
In the past I think we've had certain rules like including at least one hand made item, and an item of a certain color, etc.

I thought it would be fun to have different scavenger hunts throughout the year so more people could find one they would like to join.

To start it off, would anyone be interested in a Halloween Scavenger Hunt? :dance:
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

Re: Scavenger Hunt

New postby lendube on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Yes, yes! Me, me! I love Halloween! It's got lots of letters too. :applause: :dance:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Sounds good to me.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby Bama on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm so glad you two are interested! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Anyone else? It will be fun! I already have some ideas running through my head. :D
Bama

New postby Mom of Six on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:29 pm

sounds like fun, but when will it need to be mailed by? Will we have a set dollar amount for the total prize?
I might be interested, It might be fun to pick a halloween word & use that & have the person guess your word,
words like Ghost, Scary, pumpkin Jackolantern, ect. Just an idea to throw out there
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby Bama on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Keep the ideas coming Barb. :) I'm open to suggestions. It's even fine with me if someone else wants to host it and match up partners. I just wanted something fun and creative to do with you ladies to liven things up around here. :D
I do think we should have a limit on how much we could spend. Any thoughts on an amount? We could include at least one hand made item. Maybe require something orange and something black. :think:
With the Christmas hunt we included a list of the items in the box but I tried to guess which item represented each letter before I looked at the list.

How about we let people sign up until the end of August, then assign partners? What do y'all think of a mail date around mid October so everyone gets their package by the week before Halloween?

Throw me some more ideas ladies. And if anyone wants to be the hostess, raise your hand! :D :dance:
Bama

New postby Bama on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Just had another thought... :think: Would you ladies like it more if we had assigned partners, or if we had a "secret pal" so to speak? You would find out who had your name when you got your package. Just a thought. ;)
Bama

New postby Mom of Six on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Bama wrote:Just had another thought... :think: Would you ladies like it more if we had assigned partners, or if we had a "secret pal" so to speak? You would find out who had your name when you got your package. Just a thought. ;)
I like the secret pal idea so you won't be sending & receiving from the same person, I think $15-$20 price range? I think include something orange (black is too easy)
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six

New postby bridesmom on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:59 pm

I'm not huge into Halloween, but it still sounds like fun, so I'm in.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby lendube on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Lookee! We've already got Laura, Barb, Libby, me and of course Lori!

I wonder if everyone thought ........... :think: orange........why, thread, of course!

I like the ideas and I think we should incorporate more of a handmade/sewing aspect to it.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Next

Return to Sewing/Quilting Swaps