2009 Christmas Scavenger Hunt!!!

Fat quarter, block, and other swaps.

Moderator: Pudge99

Re: 2009 Christmas Scavenger Hunt!!!

New postby HeyJudee on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Cheryl...I think my parcel has arrived...I got a notice in the mail today :dance: :dance: :dance: that I can pick it up tomorrow night. But it may be Thursday before I will be able to go get it since our first storm of the year is forecast to hit overnight and all day tomorrow...20-30cm of snow is expected...that's 8-12 inches :doh: So I may be spending all evening tomorrow just digging out...LOL
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby Upholsteress on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:21 pm

Sheesh!! I sure hope it doesn't hit that bad.. :-( But at least you will have something nice to look forward to! :D
Cheryl Image

I am a seamstress first... an upholsterer by trade... a flautist by heart... and forever a daughter of the Most High.
Upholsteress

New postby HeyJudee on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Cheryl, haven't picked it up yet but probably tonight. We got approx. 8" of snow but the winds were a little nasty especially last night and still having small whiteouts this morning. My neighbour blew out my driveway behind my car to the street...but I had to shovel around the car and the walks, etc. Had some drifts in those areas...and kinda hurt my back so I'm off work today. If I'm feeling better tonight I'll drive to the post office and pick it up...it'll be just what the doctor orders...a surprise package... ;)
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby esrun3 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Krystal....my pkg arrived!!! :applause: :applause: :party1: :party3: Thank you so much (and I got to open it without my dd since she's at work -LOL).

Beautiful Christmas pillow cases, a very nice handbag she also made. I love the "I" Inca gold thread!! Great imagination! Scented lotion and soap, malted milk balls (yum!!), ankle socks in red , tissues, and a silver star ornament. I didn't find the recipe but I'm sure it's in there (it's on the list) I'll look again later when I get a chance to take a break.

I love all of it!! Thanks so much!!

I'll post pics later when I get a chance to do that.
Lyn
esrun3

New postby esrun3 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:56 pm

momquilts wrote: The seashell fabric is like some I got while on vacation to make a memory quilt. How funny is that?! You have great taste in fabric Lyn.

Pam glad your dd liked what you got too! Most of the "beach" type fabrics came from our FQ swaps here on the boards whether I sent it out or received it. I was glad to be able to use it for you. gotta tell you, I liked your lunch bag so much I used that fabric to make a pocket calendar holder for me. So nice when all the fabrics go together right! LOL
Lyn
esrun3

New postby HeyJudee on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Ohhhh Cheryl!!!! I loveeeeeeee my parcel! The casserole carrier is the best....perfect colour and now I don't need to make myself one. :dance: I almost missed the pocket for the spoon too. Really neat. Gosh the citrus hand lotion has already been used...smells great! And I can't wait to try Uncle Joe's sauce...especially with your recipes. RolyPoly is the cutest ornament. The Schmetz needle pocket guide will be so handy. Love the FQs, socks, thread, needles, quilting gloves, and that "I-shaped" point turner...LOL. Santa & I will be toasting you when I have my mug of hot chocolate :celebrate: Almost forgot...I'm already enjoying my Worther's... :whistle:
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby Upholsteress on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:25 pm

LOL!!! I am sooo glad you like it all! I wanted you to have something "unique" from Southern Illinois... and that BBQ sauce is made about 10 miles north of here in Ina, IL! :-) ENJOY!!! :)
Cheryl Image

I am a seamstress first... an upholsterer by trade... a flautist by heart... and forever a daughter of the Most High.
Upholsteress

New postby Debby215 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:25 pm

Patti, thank you so much for the wonderful gifts in my package!! It came a couple days ago, but this week just flew by. I will share what the goodies were: yummy werthers candies, one of my favorites, some chocolates, red thread, a tea cup pincushion, Peppermint tea, perfect drink for freezing temps, cute snowman ornament, already on the tree, fuzzy pink slipper socks going on my feet NOW, a beautiful kitchen towel, trimmed with fabric depicting quilts hanging on a fence (did you make this Patti?) it is gorgeous,Rose scented petal soaps, and very pretty, very much needed green fq's. Thank you so very much Patti, my grandaughter and I had a blast opening it and oohing and ahhing....Hope you have a wonderful holiday. Oh and one more thing a recipe for homemade popcorn balls, which I plan to try for my son in law for Christmas...Sorry I did forget to put a recipe in your package...lol :doh:
Debby
So much fabric....... So little time!!
Debby215

New postby carman on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:52 pm

well Valinda i hope will have hers by the beginning of the week, i on the other have been told my parcel is on the kitchen table at home, a place, if i am lucky, i will see Thursday for a day, and if not, not for another WEEK, now that is a horrible tease

carman
carman

New postby Upholsteress on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:43 pm

That is just plum CRUEL! :(
Cheryl Image

Upholsteress

PreviousNext

Return to Sewing/Quilting Swaps