Fat Q theme ideas

Fat quarter, block, and other swaps.

Moderator: Pudge99

Fat Q theme ideas

New postby carman on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:14 pm

ok ladies, any themes that you are just ready to see and we have not it yet? i can come with a few but i want to make sure i am not out in left field :D I'll be waiting to see what you all come up with

carman
carman

Re: Fat Q theme ideas

New postby Debby215 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:08 pm

Hey Carman, don't forget the blendables, we skipped them for December. Hmmm let me think of some ideas...This may sound weird, but I am always looking for browns and tans, that may be an idea? Here are some other thoughts...stripes.Sorry I am drawing a blank. :oops: Hope someone else comes up with some ideas LOL
Debby
So much fabric....... So little time!!
Debby215

New postby Upholsteress on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:05 am

I agree with Debby... Browns and tans are a good color choice. Also.. tiny dots? I'm sure there is an official name but I mean the solid color with itty bitty white or cream dots on it. Just for fun... something like Anything Baby, Frogs, Cats, Dogs, Horses, Ladybugs or something... Romance... Victorian... Only Roses... Earth Tones... Music...

Just some thoughts as I sit here sipping my coffee and thinking.. "Now HOW am I gonna walk 30 feet to my shop door without busting my a$$ on the ice..." :think:
Cheryl Image

I am a seamstress first... an upholsterer by trade... a flautist by heart... and forever a daughter of the Most High.
Upholsteress

New postby Debby215 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Cheryl, I think the official name I remember was Dotted Swiss? The more I think about it the more I like the browns and tan family, earthy colors.
Debby
So much fabric....... So little time!!
Debby215

New postby Upholsteress on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Thanks Debby! I googled it but the images that came up weren't what I thought they oughtta be so .. I dunno!! LOL!!
Batiks are always good too! I have come to LOVE those!!! :D :D :D
Cheryl Image

I am a seamstress first... an upholsterer by trade... a flautist by heart... and forever a daughter of the Most High.
Upholsteress

New postby esrun3 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:54 pm

I like all the ideas-how about some color on color ie: white on white, cream on cream, reds, blues, landscape (ie trees, leaves, water, rocks). Like the tan/brown idea too. As always fossil ferns, marbles, how about oriental?
Lyn
esrun3

New postby msevle on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Ohhhhhh Oriental!

Valinda
msevle

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:31 pm

Solid color fabric with tiny tiny white dots are called pin dot fabric. Dotted Swiss is a rather sheer fabric with dots on it that are like tiny french knots, the same color as the fabric.. The most popular color is white, but it comes in all colors.. Its most popular use in my day was for Easter Dresses for Girls.. In all the pretty springtime pastels..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby Upholsteress on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:45 pm

thats it Libby!! Pin dots... duh!! THANK YOU! :) Used to those were always around... but last look at WM and no go.. I always liked to mix those with solids in my boys clothes when they were little.
Cheryl Image

Upholsteress

Return to Sewing/Quilting Swaps