2009 Christmas Scavenger Hunt!!!

Fat quarter, block, and other swaps.

Moderator: Pudge99

Re: 2009 Christmas Scavenger Hunt!!!

New postby HeyJudee on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:38 am

carman wrote:i on the other have been told my parcel is on the kitchen table at home, a place, if i am lucky, i will see Thursday for a day, and if not, not for another WEEK, now that is a horrible tease
carman

OK carman...you have us curious...if you aren't home...where the heck are you :?: :think:
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby msevle on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:34 am

Oh that's Terrible!! I would die if I new my package was home and I was no where close to get it!! I really hope you like everything!!
msevle

New postby kittykat on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:04 pm

debby, glad you liked what i sent, but there should have been 1 more thing. did i put it in someones else box? the pop corn balls was my dads recipe. i did make the dish towel fabric was from our shop hop this past june. i am waiting on my pkg. hopefully mon or tue.
pat
kittykat

New postby carman on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:19 pm

i am in Edmonton Judy, i have been commuting from Calgary (3 1/2 hours) for about 5 weeks now, 4 days a week, working at my old job till Christmas. i am staying at a girlfriends house while i am up here and then i go home for the week ends. i came up for the weekend as well this time as i had a hair appointment on Saturday and today we are sewing away, at least our machines are lol, busy making some embroidery lace napkin holders

carman
carman

New postby HeyJudee on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Carman, it sounds like you're having a good time even though you won't get your parcel til next Thursday.
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby carman on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:02 pm

maybe i should get the guys to open and describe everything in it to me lol

carman
carman

New postby Debby215 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Patti of course you are right I forgot the best gift of all....the apron is my favorite and is hanging in the kitchen for Christmas cookie baking. I love that you used sewing notion fabric, it is truly wonderful. Thank you so much for everything!!
Debby
So much fabric....... So little time!!
Debby215

New postby kittykat on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:47 pm

recieved my goodie box today. everything was wrapped. so i was like a child opening everything. in the box was root beer barrels, which i'm eating,2 blue fq's, a real cute dish,pr of socks, holiday note set, couple cancer items scarf and key ring with i am the cure. swankie napkins. 2 diffrent kinds of candles,silver pine cone ornament. some scented hand gel for my purse, 2 pot holders which i need,and my favorite mount of olives tea called jerusalem mint, wil try it in the morning, never even heard of it before. used feliz navidad as her christmas greeting. wonderful box and great items. thanks
pat
kittykat

New postby Debby215 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Sure glad you liked your goodies Patti, I had fun shopping and my daughter and grandaughter had fun matching the items to the letters...Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Debby
So much fabric....... So little time!!
Debby215

New postby Upholsteress on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:20 pm

WOOHOOO!! Got my package from Judy today!!!!! I was sooo excited!! I had to have my daughter come and join the fun -- I think she was a tickled as I was!! :D Here's the rundown... I've tried to load a pic but cannot get the memory size down enough on this Dell. :-( sorry about that.

J -- Jingle Cat Tag for Jack the Pirate Cat This a absolutely adorable!! and since Jack will not wear a collar -- we have made it into one of our most special tree ornaments!!! AT the bottom of course so he can play with it!! :D

O -- Ontario 2010 Milk Calendar AND Recipe Cards with some of Judy's own recipes -- Love the calendar.. but its chock full of REAL recipes as are the cards!! We've already picked some out to try.

Y -- Yellow Gold FQ --- and also 3 other beautiful fabrics thrown in!! :D

E -- Essential Threads, Black and White -- perfect!!! I was out of black entirely! and definitely ESSENTIAL!!

U -- Useful Pin Cushion and Thread Catcher -- OK Judy -- you totally threw me on this one.. It took me a good 3-4 minutes to figure out what it was! I'm such an idiot! LOL!! But I adore it!!

X -- Xmas Snow Globe with MY NAME Cheryl on it!!! :O We can NEVER find stuff with my name -- this is soooo cool!!!

N -- Needed Notion -- Fray Check... I use this stuff like crazy in the shop!! THANKS!!!

O -- Ornament Christmas Mug (already has coffee in it!!!! LOL!!!)

E -- Eye-catching Quilted Placemats.. Oh Judy -- you did a BEAUTIFUL job.. I am sooo honored. I love, love LOVE THESE!!

L -- Lavender Scented Party-Lite Candles -- those are waiting for my next Calgon bath! :dance:

In addition to these things... Judy sent along a bag of yummy chocolate kisses and werthers candies -- some of which are COFFEE flavored!! YUMMY!!! :D Also -- 5 Fons and Porters quilting magazines which I can't wait to curl up in my chair tonight and start reading!!!! A Christmas Card topped it all off and everything was wrapped so pretty... I am soooo touched by the time and thought you gave to this... Thank you Judy... I love it all!!! OH yeah -- and she included the "list" for me in a seperate envelope marked.. "Open Last" with a smiley face on it!! ROFL!! By the time I opened it -- I was PRAYING it would be the "legend" to the letters cause I could NOT figure them out!!!! It was aLOT of fun!!! Thanks again Judy!!!! :applause: :dance: :celebrate:
Cheryl Image

I am a seamstress first... an upholsterer by trade... a flautist by heart... and forever a daughter of the Most High.
Upholsteress

PreviousNext

Return to Sewing/Quilting Swaps