Project Runway starts new season.

Developing your personal style, building your wardrobe, and the latest trends.

Project Runway starts new season.

New postby lendube on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:54 pm

I'm about to tune in to Project Runway's new season. I've enjoyed it so much in the past and am really looking forward to it. I caught Season 1 finally during one of their marathons by DVR'ing it and am glad.

Hope to get the gab-fest going again. Let's see who's worth talking about.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: Project Runway starts new season.

New postby mozeyrn on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Most of them seem a little freaky to me (some more than others)!
The winner from tonight seems like he's going to be one of the better designers.
- Maureen.
Learning something new with every stitch!!
Kenmore 16231, White 2900 & Brother PE-750D
mozeyrn

New postby lendube on Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:02 am

I totally agree with you, Maureen. This bunch seems really strange. I think they've changed the premise of the show a bit. Seems that before they were taking more "regular" people that showed promise. Now it seems to be people that are already deep into the field with experience looking to be the next HUGE designer. It's not a particularly likable group so far IMO. Looks like next week is going to be very interesting though.
Lennie

lendube

New postby Sews4kate on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:30 pm

I've not been on a Project Runway discussion before, but I've seen most of the past episodes (mostly in marathons). I saw just last night that it is starting again :D I'd missed the first showing, and couldn't stay up late enough to see the next one. Really wish we had a recorder!!!! I am hoping to catch it soon!
Wendy
Sews4kate

New postby lendube on Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:09 pm

Oh Wendy, you know it's going to be on 10,000 times more before the week's over! :lol: :lol:

You don't have Dish Network by any chance?? I have a DVR recorder (TIVO type) that I'm trying to find a home for. We paid $200.00 for the thing and then switched to Direct TV. I don't care about getting money for it. I just want someone to enjoy it.
Lennie

lendube

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:54 pm

I'm a die-hard Project Runway fan. Am not sure that I like the new format of the show. Tim Gunn looked a little "scruffy" and not as polished as he usually does. I've noticed that he's been on several commercials lately and has his own TV show now. I've never bonded with his new show. As far as the designers go, they seem mostly to be from NYC and LA. I'm not that impressed with them. I wish they had shown the interviews of the candidates in their hometown areas like they have in seasons past. Though, it does promise to be a good season. Has anyone had a chance to see the "Project Runway" patterns by Simplicity? Boring! :o :shock: :o It looks as though they slapped the "PR" label on some run of the mill patterns. They are not even on the Simplicity website. Well, enough of my rant for tonight.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Sews4kate on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:17 pm

Oh Lennie, thanks for the offer! that is so sweet. We have digital cable.

I caught most of the show last night, but I was making dinner at the time and missed who the "winner" was, I just saw who was let go. but like lennie said, I have many chances to catch what I missed LOL! I agree, I am not that impressed with the format and who was chosen as contestants, but maybe I'll change my mind as the season goes on.
Wendy
Sews4kate

New postby MotherInLaw on Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:20 pm

I thought it was a hoot when they went in the Hershey company. I love this show. I watch it over and over and over. I can't imagine making clothes without a pattern. I guess I could if I were brave but I'm not that brave so I'll never learn if I can or not. But I love the show. I caught some of it last season but am looking forward to this new season. I agree with everyone the people are a little freaky but a lot of the famous people are.
Live today as if tomorrow was the last day of your life
MotherInLaw

New postby bridesmom on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Our tv guide this week had an article on Tim Gunn and the show, he said this season they are using people that are already 'designers' instead of wannabes. So it will definitely be a different feel to this season. I'd much rather see the ones that aren't already in the business, but what can you do?
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby lendube on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:40 pm

Interesting show this past Wed. I'm glad "the spitter" is gone. She was just toooooooo weird. When she explained about the horrific accident she was in I thought, maybe that's why she's so weird but you know, I'm guessing she's always been that way! :roll: I thought the dress with all the pleats was incredible. That was the guy that won, wasn't it? Can't remember his name. There's definitely some talent there but not a lot of really likable people. Too bad.
Lennie

lendube

Next

Return to Fashion and Style