Style? Ugh I need some!

Developing your personal style, building your wardrobe, and the latest trends.

Re: Style? Ugh I need some!

New postby kmccrea on Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:42 pm

My wardrobe tends to be classic and understated. I like clothes that flatter me and are comfortable. No, that does not include sweats, leggings or teeny tiny skirts. And, forget about the "jogging suit"!
What you should do is find what fabrics and colors appeal to you and flatter you. Start with the basics, a couple nice blouses or tops, a skirt or pair of capris and a pair or two of pants. If you insist on wearing neutrals for your entire wardrobe, you will just fade into the background and look dowdy. Save those for your skirt and pants. Use the blouses and capris to add color and bring your look to life.
Later, as you gain more confidence and learn what flatters your body type, you can experiment with different fabrics, colors, trims and other details like neckline treatments, seams (like princess or darts) and hemlines.
Good luck!
Katherine
Katherine McCrea
Designer At Large
kmccrea

Re: Style? Ugh I need some!

New postby AndreaSews on Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:33 pm

All good points. Thanks. I'm always impressed by how long the threads get to be whenever one of us grumbles about our wardrobe!
My wardrobe workshop is this coming Saturday, but I just found out about a fun event that's this weekend--It might be nice to spend that time with my family on a little getaway! I think we'll see how energetic we are on Friday and either go away or else I'll get to that workshop finally. Either way. Lately I have done some shopping and had a fun time doing it, too. I'm not much of a shopper, so that is a big deal for me. I bought a few foundation pieces that I like a lot, and I have ideas about a few sewing projects that would coordinate and round things out nicely.
Andrea
AndreaSews

Previous

Return to Fashion and Style