Back again with my weight loss story and altering my clothes

Developing your personal style, building your wardrobe, and the latest trends.

Re: Back again with my weight loss story and altering my clothes

New postby DorothyL on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:03 am

Dorothy, Mine hang better if I just put short pieces of elastic inside the waistband at the side seams.

I'll try it that way Libby.

Limited funds would be an issue for me but it is secondary. Since I make my own clothes it really hurts to give something up.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby temom on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Mule wrote:I hate the whole limited funds thing....it gets in the way of too many things!

Now that is so very true!
Theresa
temom

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Karen, when you have lost that much, you will hit a plateau once in a while.. Don't get discouraged, it will start coming off again.. I have stabilized now and the Dr. told me to just keep it where I am and that is what I am doing.. I feel so much better at this weight, and she says my lungs sound fine now. Its great to hear that, because ever since I quit smoking 12 years ago, I kept hearing that my wind would get better, but it took so much longer to actually get there.. I was so scared that I would be tempted to start again, but that has never even been a serious thought. And I have never had a craving for them either.. I count myself very lucky in that respect. So many people have to fight a battle every day to quit..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby sewhappyrtr on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:34 am

LeapFrog Libby wrote:Karen, when you have lost that much, you will hit a plateau once in a while.. Don't get discouraged, it will start coming off again.. I have stabilized now and the Dr. told me to just keep it where I am and that is what I am doing.. I feel so much better at this weight, and she says my lungs sound fine now. Its great to hear that, because ever since I quit smoking 12 years ago, I kept hearing that my wind would get better, but it took so much longer to actually get there.. I was so scared that I would be tempted to start again, but that has never even been a serious thought. And I have never had a craving for them either.. I count myself very lucky in that respect. So many people have to fight a battle every day to quit..

Oh I know it will take awhile now to lose much more, but I will just keep doing what I am doing!! :) :)
I know how hard it is to quit smoking too, I quit around 12 yrs ago, and gained 30 lbs over a 2 yr time frame :(
And I tried and tried to lose that weight but it never went too far !! :D :D :D
So that is why now, I am so tickled to have lost what I have!!! I wish I had some good exercises though to try to tone/reduce some of my tummy fat, but I can't do sit ups because I have a herniated disk, possibly 2 so I have to be careful with my back, which is why walking on the treadmill was so good for me. I wish I could lose some of my "ta taas" too, but I know I have lost some there because I have to hook my bra tighter :D :D
Everyone on here is so kind and that helps too when a person is struggling with things!! :D :D
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:07 am

This forum is just like family ... good luck on your continued weight loss. After hubby recovers from surgery, I plan to join a zumba class. I want to get out of my wheelchair & the zumba instructor has some exercises that I can do to help. They will firm up my tummy at the same time. From what I've understood, zumba doesn't stress your joints. Our church offers the classes weekly for $5. I can also walk the treadmill at church.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby bridesmom on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:48 pm

I've begun to think that the tummy bulge thing is just stretched out skin that has no where to go. I have been working on my abs for a long time and I still have the loose skin there, sometimes I wish you could just slice off the extra skin and sew it back up. It's the first place I gain any weight back, that stupid little tummy bulge.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:48 pm

If I could cut away the loose skin I have all over, I would weigh about 10 or 15 pounds less, I am sure.. LOL I am too old to have plastic surgery to lose all that flabby skin. I just have to live with it.. My Dr. laughs when I mention it and says just be glad you are healthy again, and that is the truth..I am so glad for being in better shape and feeling better all the time.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby DorothyL on Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:10 am

I wish you could just slice off the extra skin and sew it back up.

Laura, I believe there are doctors that will do that for you. I wouldn't attempt it myself but you are pretty good in the sewing room. Maybe when you sew it back together you could do a patchwork pattern.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby sewhappyrtr on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:41 am

bridesmom wrote:I've begun to think that the tummy bulge thing is just stretched out skin that has no where to go. I have been working on my abs for a long time and I still have the loose skin there, sometimes I wish you could just slice off the extra skin and sew it back up. It's the first place I gain any weight back, that stupid little tummy bulge.

I don't really work on my abs... but its true... its the last place.... the absolute last place... to lose weight!!! :D :D

DorothyL wrote:Laura, I believe there are doctors that will do that for you. I wouldn't attempt it myself but you are pretty good in the sewing room. Maybe when you sew it back together you could do a patchwork pattern.

Yeah!!! and then those of us who need it done could all come to your house and you could make quilts out of our skin when you sew it back together!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

New postby Magot on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:02 am

Human skin quilt, hmmm, now I think even I would baulk at that.
Well done Karen, keep up the good work. Re limited budget - how about shopping at goodwill for extra large sizes and using that as material to cut down?
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

PreviousNext

Return to Fashion and Style