Bullion Bunnies

Pictures and descriptions of finished projects, plus tutorials of how to make sewing projects!

Bullion Bunnies

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Last night at our SAGA meeting, I had the privilege of meeting "Lizzie" of a Country Bumpkin which is now closed. She was visiting friends in Memphis from Australia. She taught our guild how to make bullion bunnies which will look sweet on baby clothes. Since I am sewing a lot of baby clothes now, this class was perfect for me. My first bunny sample is completed complete with pink ears, green eyes, whiskers, a nose, paws, and a little green collar. It is less than a 1/4 of an inch tall and is all done with hand sewing. I will try to photograph it later today and will post if the picture is clear. Happy Sewing!!!
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Bullion Bunnies

New postby trini on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Looking forward to seeing it.
Lei.
trini

New postby sewingrandma on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Marty, I've never heard of bullion bunnies. Can't wait to see some pics.
I've been busy stitching up receiving blankets and bibs and also some totes this week. I bought about 20 yds of plain flannel for blankets, bibs and burp cloths. Do you think the bullion bunnies would look good on some of them? I like variety and I need something new.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby sewingrandma on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Marty, I just looked up the bullion bunnies and they are really cute. I found this website that has machine embroidery instructions for making them in addition to the hand stitching directions.
http://southern-stitches.com/pdf/PreciousPreemies.pdf
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 am

Brockie, my bullion bunny was hand stitched and is very tiny. On the little square of fabric, I'm going to stitch a few more bunnies, edge in lace, and make it into a small hankie as a Christmas gift. I think that one of my sisters might like it. Laurie Anderson, of Brier Rabbit designs, is one of my FB friends and I read her blog on a regular basis. She lives in Columbia, TN about 2.5 hours away from Memphis. I use a gown pattern similar to hers when I sew for Threads of Love.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:44 am

The pictures of the patterns provided by Laurie Anderson are just beautiful when made up. I'm hoping to use them when the holidays are over and I have a few extra minutes to spend sewing. Right now I'm trying to keep up with my monthly donations to Newborns in Need plus make maternity tops for DD and make a few things for Christmas gifts. In addition to all that we are spending Thanksgiving with another DD so won't be doing any sewing for a few days. I'll be taking my knitting with me though.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby vickki on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:38 pm

The bunnies are so pretty.....such a nice little bunny to add to the babies items...
vickki

New postby Skye on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Those bunnies are very cute
Skye

Return to Completed Sewing Projects and Tutorials