Christmas Sewing Continued ...

Pictures and descriptions of finished projects, plus tutorials of how to make sewing projects!

Re: Christmas Sewing Continued ...

New postby lendube on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Prolific lady, Marty. Nice embroideries. As long as it remains a pleasure. But if you don't feel like it don't do it! No one will blame you knowing how your health goes up and down.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby vickki on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Great gifts Marty...
vickki

New postby bridesmom on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:46 am

Beautiful work Marty! Don't forget to take some time for you too!!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:15 am

Laura, my time will be after Santa's workshop closes tomorrow ... I am getting lots of rest which is why it is taking me so long to get these projects done. I stitched out a photo for my sister last night & it took over an hour for it to stitch out. When doing intricate work, I'm never more than a few steps away from my machine. It turned out beautiful in blue work on white muslin. I think that she will like it. My daughter will pick up a frame for it today as I didn't have an 8 x 10 frame on hand. Just have to finish the PJ pants for my niece & dishtowels for my sister-in-law & then all gifts can be mailed. I have made a embroidered 48 items in 2 wks time in & around doctor appts as well as family commitments. The average embroidery design took 20 minutes to stitch out & about 15 minutes of prep time. Then I wrapped each gift for my family members including all gifts for hubby & daughter. Then I was totally responsible for getting them to the UPS store for shipping. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Daughter's pillowcase should only take about 10 minutes at the max to make while hubby's robe still has to be cut out & sewn. At least it is a serger project & will go fast once cut out. I think it only has 7 pieces to it. Daughter's robe will wait until after Christmas. I may encourage her to make it herself. I still have to clean up my sewing area, clean off the piano, stuff the stockings, & tidy up in the living room some. All of this is way overdue. Merry Christmas!!!
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Previous

Return to Completed Sewing Projects and Tutorials