What are you knitting/crocheting right now?

Everything else including knitting, crocheting, polymer clay, jewelry, decoupage, etc.

Re: What are you knitting/crocheting right now?

New postby bridesmom on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:46 pm

I am proud of myself, I have crocheted 5 rows on a shrug for DGD and I have the right number of stitches at the end! (that was my biggest hurdle). I had to take it into work to get help and now have found another big crocheter who can help me! I'd work more on it, but i'm so tired I'm heading to bed, the grands are coming tomorrow, I need my sleep before they come and terrorize my house!!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby sewingrandma on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Laura, I have a tendancy to increase stitches while crocheting garments also. I'm self taught and never did figure out the turning chain and starting the new row.
I knit a bib last night using the easy stay on bib from here http://www.eileencaseycreations.com/free-patterns/ . Turned out cute. Used the left over cotton yarn to knit a baby wash cloth.
Finished another knit baby afghan earlier this week and have started another. That's 5 since mid Sept. Gives me something to do with my hands while watching tv in the evenings.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby Magot on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:13 am

One last piece of the Giant Hoodie for Zombie Killers to go - the bit that goes under the chin and then to try and assemble it. The magazines finally made it home today.
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby lendube on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:02 pm

So, does this zombie killer actually hunt and kill zombies? ;)
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby Bama on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Jan, sounds like you've been knitting up a storm. A Giant Hoodie for Zombie Killers is very appropriate for the season premiere of The Walking Dead tonight. :o

I worked on my 3-2-1 scarf last night (almost finished), but never got around to starting the lacy scarf. Tonight for sure.
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby lendube on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Do any of you here have a profile on Ravelry? I have one and keep track of my projects, have a queue, library, and I've listed some needles but not all. I'm "lendube" like here. And as I said before I've been trying to learn more about the site. It's really quite overwhelming! :shock:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby bridesmom on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 pm

I think I'm bridesmom there as well. I don't have any project stuff on there, I just go and poke around, it is confusing like you said Lennie, but I do like it.

DD and I went to a brand new wool store in town, half the store is filled with a giant carding machine, it's massive. And the delicious wool. Buffalo, cashmere, merino wool, alpaca, oh my! I found the most gorgeous wool and I was aching to buy it in the most delicious green color but it was going to take 11 skeins at $11.95 a skein and there's just no way I could afford to do that especially right now. Oh it was such a beautiful shade of green! I got the pattern though, and they had a sweater in the store made up in the yarn in a deep wine color, I kept going over and petting it! And bags and bags of roving and carded yarn that needed to be spun, truly a wonderful experience. DD bought some gorgeous mohair that is so fine, for a scarf for her new SIL in Italy. A beautiful wine color with a chocolate tint to it, that's about the only way I could describe it, chocolate colored wine anyone?
Laura
Go Canucks!
bridesmom

New postby Magot on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:09 am

lendube wrote:So, does this zombie killer actually hunt and kill zombies? ;)

Actually - contrary to what I said about Americans having a strange day... Saturday was World Zombie day and there was a zombie walk/shuffle in London that my daughter and the recipient of said hoodie attended. DD1 and BF were however dressed as power rangers in an attempt to save the world from the Brain eating foot shufflers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_zWoyhDgvQ

DD is the one having a piggy back at 1:08 in pink...the hunter killer BF is giving her the piggy back.

Just had to rip the front back to the armholes as I realised that I had made the front and back different sizes. It says to on the pattern but I can't see how that works to be honest. Sewing it up would be ridiculous with the back and inch longer than the front to the armholes. Heigh ho.
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby bridesmom on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:35 pm

I am in love with this scarf, except you knit it lengthwise, 450 stitches on the needle. But its a great looking scarf!
http://cozymadethings.blogspot.ca/2012/01/linen-stitch-scarf.html
Laura
Go Canucks!
bridesmom

New postby DorothyL on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:55 am

Use long circular needles.

Dorothy
DorothyL

PreviousNext

Return to Other Crafts