Classy name tags?

Everything else including knitting, crocheting, polymer clay, jewelry, decoupage, etc.

Classy name tags?

New postby lendube on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Anyone have any idea for a classy name tag that could be made? The library board I'm on is hosting a huge (for us at least, about 200 people), upscale party promoting an auction for the benefit of our library/bookstore. There will be wine and beer served along with an hors d'oeuvres type "meal" brought around by student volunteers (the library is joint use with the high school).

At the meeting yesterday the subject came up that we'd like to be able to identify ourselves to the public as a board member and how could we do this w/out the usual "Hi, my name is .........." :roll: sticker. We had some fun with it and tiaras were mentioned, along with my suggestion of pageant sashes! lol lol :D

I've got an embroidery machine but not sure if I want to use that. I don't know much about crafting but maybe Etsy would have some ideas. I'll look there. Any ideas, folks?
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: Classy name tags?

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:46 am

Lennie, when a library is involved, the Bookworm Logo comes immediately to my mind. Either drawn and colored brightly entwined in the middle of an open book, or embroidered. Would have to be drawn and copied for 200 of them..Only a few could be embroidered.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby lendube on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Thanks, Libby. I'm thinking only embroidered for the board members and our dear librarian. I love the bookworm idea. Or just an open book maybe?
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby temom on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:59 pm

I thought of books and like the bookworm idea. Libraries are so much more than books anymore, but I can't think of an easy way to incorporate everything into a nice name tag.
Theresa
temom

Return to Other Crafts