Anyone do free form crochet?

Everything else including knitting, crocheting, polymer clay, jewelry, decoupage, etc.

Anyone do free form crochet?

New postby Bama on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:57 am

I recently saw a free form crochet scarf that was lovely. I would like to give it a try one day, and have been saving left over yarn to organize into color groups for it. I did a search and found some free form projects that look hideous to me. (kind of Molly Weasley-ish type projects ;) ) Others looked lovely, with the right combination of colors and textures.
It looks like a fun technique anyway. Kind of a crochet (or knitting) version of crazy patch. Looks like something my DD might like to try too.

Here's one of the tutorials I found:

http://featheredfibers.wordpress.com/20 ... -tutorial/
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

Re: Anyone do free form crochet?

New postby lendube on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:06 am

Never heard of it, Lori. Free Form Crochet sounds more like a dance competition to me! :D I think it's really cool but it messes too much with my "left brain" approach to making things. I'm just not that creative a thinker and something without symetry or logical progression would bother me I think. I'd love to see your creations though. ;)
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby trini on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks for posting about free form crochet;never knew about it but may try sometime . I did find the site very interesting however: excellent quilter! and I particularly liked the bead angels.
Lei.
trini

New postby bridesmom on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Well, it's brand new to me. I think I like it, very creative, though I'm with Lennie, I don't think I'd be able to create something like that. The 2nd one, the dark purple one is beautiful though.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

Return to Other Crafts