Went for the Gold and Made It

Chat about family and home.

Went for the Gold and Made It

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:45 am

Just wanted to share that hubby and I celebrated our golden wedding anniversary yesterday ... 50 yrs ... Lots of ups and downs, joys and tears that has made life so interesting. Only one other family member has been married longer than I have and that is my Uncle Roy who is 5yrs older. We spent the day going thru a cemetery looking for hubby's relatives. It was something that we talked about doing and decided that yesterday would be the perfect day. The weather cooperated and the drive was relaxing to leave the city behind. Fortunately, it was a short drive once we got out of the city limits. I was surprised to find a dozen white roses with baby's breath when we got home. My sister sent them to me. It was basically my first time out of the house that wasn't a medical appointment in over a year. My dog, Barney, was not thrilled to have to stay in his kennel but we were only gone for about 4 hours. I was looking forward to a nice steak dinner only to have hubby come home with pizza. It was delicious as it is something that we do not have often. So here is to the next 5 yrs ... At our age, I'm going for 5yr increments. Hubby will be 78 in about 2 weeks. I cannot imagine sharing my life with anyone else but him.

50th Anniversary Roses from Patti and Ed.jpg
50th Anniversary Roses from Patti and Ed.jpg (104.31 KB) Viewed 4214 times

Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Went for the Gold and Made It

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:38 pm

Congratulations to you and your hubby on your 50th anniversary. May you reach you next goal.

BTW I have enjoyed looking at your embroidery, very beautiful.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:14 pm

Thank you, Brockie ... I imagine you are the only one who checks out my work. I wonder what happened to all the ones that we used to chat with thru the years. They are missed.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:56 am

Marty, I too miss the community that once flourished here starting with sew whats new and now sew whats up. Lots of information, tips, and help with our sewing. I sure learned a lot from them all.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Return to Home and Hearth