Let's hear more about Halloween!

For those little ones in your life!

Let's hear more about Halloween!

New postby AndreaSews on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:50 pm

How are the costumes coming, everyone? I have been motoring through Rapunzel's dress, which is a pretty Renaissance style gown. DD is very excited.I need to put in a zipper and a hem, and then make a very lonnnnng wig! But it's almost 11, and I thought how much more they'll all enjoy me tomorrow if I quit for the night and go get some sleep.
Andrea
AndreaSews

Re: Let's hear more about Halloween!

New postby pucktricks on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:31 pm

I haven't even started on the boys yet. But, they're costumes are fairly easy. I just need to make up some vests and maybe pants for them to be some quite convincing looking pirates. We already have the shirts from the Rennaissance themed wedding they were in earlier this year. The whole family is going as pirates, I'm actually finishing up my husband's pants for that right now. These are our costumes for both Halloween and Rennaissance Festival this year.

Ticia
pucktricks

New postby Sews4kate on Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:37 pm

I have about two more evenings worth of sewing left and I'll be done with my kids costumes. DD4 is going to be Little Red Riding Hood. Her dress is done and I've made a simple lightweight cape. But I am working on a heavier more detailed cape that she can wear trick or treating. I'm hoping she can wear it to church and stuff like that too. DS's is easy, I'm just attaching some ears to his black hoodie to make him the wolf :D I'll get more elaborate with him next year. DD already said that she wants to be Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, so DS1 could be one of the other characters. I figure I have one or two more years before he starts telling me what he wants to be ;)
Wendy
Sews4kate

New postby Mom of Six on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:54 pm

DD bought costumes for DGSs. They are going to be NInjas, 2 DDs & I went together & bought DGDDs penguin costumes figuring they can also use them as snowsuits since they don't have any yet. DD @ 16 isn't interested,she plans on wearing her "Peanuts" Halloween shirt I made her last year.
I will wear my traditional "Trick or Treat" sweatshirt.
No costume sewing for me this year.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby bridesmom on Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:47 pm

None for me either this year. I did see a hilarous bright orange t-shirt with black writing on it that said ' THIS IS MY HALLOWEEN COSTUME." I was tempted to get it and wear it to work Oct 31. Now I can't remember where I saw it.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby Alexalter on Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:16 pm

I have to say that my halloween costumes are done. :P Now not to brag, but there were a total of 24. :dance: 23 bugs for the playgroup and one extra pirate costume for my little pirate. We are having a group Halloween party on the 27th so the rush was on.
I am glad that next year the kids will be at the age where they will pick their own costumes.
Hoping to have pictures after Friday to post.
Tami
Alexalter

Return to Sewing for Children