Looking for Recommendations

For those little ones in your life!

Re: Looking for Recommendations

New postby sewingmom on Fri May 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Fathers day is comming up. Dh might just like a shirt like that. He would get such a kick out of that sleeve Theresa. I don't remember seeing that before but it sure made me smile at my own many mistakes. Recently i just couldn't understand why the pattern makers fo a top I was working on, had made the button placket so narrow that the buttonholes wouldn't fit :roll: . After I sew them in across the plackett I then realized I was supposed th sew them in verticaly instead of horrizontaly. :brick: :brick:
sewingmom

New postby bridesmom on Sat May 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Oh shoot, I forgot about that!! Thanks for the laugh!!! I bought fabric for DGS for 2 shirts who is just 1, my pattern for him is almost identical just little. I'm up for it, I'm tired of working on the quilt, so making a little shirt will be a distraction. Who else is in??
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby MartySews2 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Sorry, I don't have anyone to make a shirt for except a preemie baby. My husband wouldn't wear that style. He wears long sleeve oxford dress shirts every day. On the days that he goes to work, he wears a tie & jacket as well as for church. To go walking in the neighborhood, he has to be shaved, have his dress shirt & dress slacks on as well as his Nike tennis shoes. When he gets back home, he changes into his black dress shoes. He doesn't think that he is dressed unless dressed this way. I've never known him to wear a short sleeve shirt except once when we went to FL early in our marriage. His mother gave it to him so he wore to please her that one time. Then into the donate box it went. He's never worn one since then nor does he wear polo shirts. His sister gave him a polo shirt once & it went directly to the donate box. All of his shirts are 100% cotton & we get them from LL Bean. He might wear a long sleeve dress shirt if I made one for him but I'm not inclined to do so.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby temom on Sat May 26, 2012 8:19 pm

I'm game to make the shirt. I'll have to decide who to make it for, ds or dh. I don't have any manly fabric, and can't buy any for a while, so I'll make a muslin, either from muslin or an inexpensive fabric in my stash, which is mostly girly colors, lol. Couldn't I reverse the buttons, and turn it into a camp shirt for dd?

DollBaby, are you ready to join in making the shirt?

When we do start the pattern, someone should start a new thread for it, so it is easier to find.
Theresa
temom

New postby Pudge99 on Sun May 27, 2012 11:26 am

I want to join too but don't have the pattern. Is anyone running 99c simplicity patterns this weekend?
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

New postby lendube on Sun May 27, 2012 11:31 am

Sure you could make it a girly camp shirt, Theresa. Well, I found mine and I lied. I have used it. I'm guessing for the last time I made a shirt for dh. It's been a while now. At least a year and a half or so.

Yes, Gina, get yourself to a Joann's. They're having a Memorial Day sale. All Simplicity - 5 for $5.00 aka $1.00 each.

I'll start a post. Are you with us, Dollbaby?
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby Pudge99 on Sun May 27, 2012 11:36 am

Pudge99 wrote:I want to join too but don't have the pattern. Is anyone running 99c simplicity patterns this weekend?

Jo Ann 5 for $5 today and tomorrow. I guess I am driving to Lincoln......or maybe Omaha.
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

Previous

Return to Sewing for Children