Halloween costume

For those little ones in your life!

Halloween costume

New postby sewingrandma on Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:04 am

I'm in the process of making DGD 7th costume. Ever since she could talk she has told me what she had wanted to be and I've been able to make it for her. This year she waited until now to tell me she wanted to be Elsa (from Frozen). Found the pattern and fabric. Don't know if it is because is has been so long since I've even looked at a pattern envelope or what, but I found it very confusing. Woke up one night thinking I didn't have enough fabric. I did make a toile of the bodice to see if it would fit (had to lengthen the size 5 but that was all). I finally looked at the cutting layout on the instruction sheet when I started out on the fashion fabric and discovered it didn't even show the bodice layout. Looked everywhere for it, even used a magnifier as the numbers are mighty small any more. :shock: I was glad that I did buy extra fabric when I did as I had to squeeze the bodice lining onto the piece I had. So far I have half the bodice and half the bodice lining completed. Taking it slow as the fabric is slippery and difficult to work with.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Re: Halloween costume

New postby sewingrandma on Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Abby's Elsa dress is done except for snowflakes and hemming. Hadn't worked with many of the fabrics before and learned a lot. Don't think I'll be making many of this type of dress. Glad I had made a toile because if this thing doesn't fit you'll hear me scream all over the world. My hats are off to those sewers who work with fancy dresses/fabrics exclusively.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Return to Sewing for Children