My Easter Outfit

Everything about sewing clothing that fits!

My Easter Outfit

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:59 am

Today, I'm cutting out the Textile Studios Shawl collar jacket http://textilestudiopatterns.com/patter ... t1301.html and the Skirt Wardrobe http://textilestudiopatterns.com/patter ... e1103.html. Both are made on the serger shouldn't take long. I don't think I will make the skirt as long as it is shown. I'm thinking of view C for the skirt. These designs were by Loes Hinse before she branched out on her own. I'm using a purple knit fabric with minimal stretch & will wear a white shell & amethyst pendant & earrings. My shoes are brown & my purse with be a small gold print purse. No Easter bonnet for me. Must get cutting & sewing soon.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: My Easter Outfit

New postby Magot on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:29 am

Have fun Marty, it would take me ages to get those done and you plan to have it done by Sunday!!
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:18 am

Actually, I plan to have it done by tomorrow night to wear on Sunday. It should be quite easy since I have all of the supplies on hand.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:33 am

You go Marty!!! Sew, Marty Sew!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you think that style would look ok on my chunky figger?
sewingmom

New postby Bama on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:06 am

sewingmom, you are not chunky. :shame: It would look great on you.

Marty, will you post pics of your outfit?

I haven't made myself any new clothes in quite a while. I have a couple of skirts planned before summer. I need some new capris and shorts as well. I just can't find any fabric I like for them.
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:12 pm

I got the skirt cut out at 2pm & it's done except for the hem. I did get the waist a little too big. I could cut about 3 more inches out of the elastic to make it fit better. The jacket is the piazza jacket as I couldn't find my shawl collar jacket pattern. It's very similar in design. If I finish the jacket tonight (it's on cutting table), I'll take out the elastic band & trim it down & re-sew the skirt waist. I just hate taking out three rows of triple stitch zigzag but I won't be happy unless I do that. I'll hem it while I'm resting. I found some crepe back satin in a lilac color so I'm using the dull side for the suit. I think that I will put an embroidery design down the front of each side of the jacket. I have lovely white shell to wear with it. Elastic waist skirts are so quick & easy to sew as they are just a basic rectangle. The jacket is very simple too. I'll post pics of me in my easter finery.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:08 pm

I ended up making up a whole new skirt & sending the first one to the give-away box. It was just too, too big. I cut out a new skirt & finished everything but the hem. On the jacket I finished up all but sleeves, side seams & hem. I think I want to add some trim to the neckline. However, I went to my bedroom for prayers at 12:00 & fell asleep for 3 hours. I was exhausted. By the time, I got up, it was time to cook dinner & do the dishes so I didn't finish the jacket. I also realized that I have a sprained, bruised middle finger (greatly swollen) on my left hand & raw blisters in the crease of my right thumb. That should teach me not to sweep the floors which I did before the home inspection. Both hands are very sore & unsightly. I will work on it again on Monday but for now, I think I will just rest & regroup.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby kjh9835 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:03 am

[quote][ think I will just rest & regroup/quote]

Now that sounds like a good idea. There is no way I could get done everything you have in such a short time. I get too distracted with other stuff. You've worked your fingers to the bone! The outfits sounds gorgeous but time consuming.
Take it easy and rest, rest, rest for a bit.

Happy Easter Marty and all!

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby Mule on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:50 pm

It's amazing how even when it seems like there will be more than enough time to complete something, it often doesn't happen that way. Sounds like you were more in need of a good rest than a new outfit at that point! Better to spend the time finishing it the way you want it than to rush it.
Beth
Mule

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 pm

I got everything on the jacket done except for adding the sleeves & hemming it. The skirt is done.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

Return to Garment Sewing